friends 91 kdx 200--oh so oilly!!!!

ZKDX

~SPONSOR~
Aug 23, 2002
My buddies 91 kdx 200, constantly runs black spooge out of the tailpipe. I've tried to talk him into rejetting, but his bike starts so easy and actually runs decent--well smooth not powerful, he is afraid to mess with it. I say it should still start easy when it's jetting correctly.
I burnt out about 20lbs of carbon out of the pipe and cleaned is kips and re-aligned, clean his carb..runs 100 times better, but still quite spoogey. I took the packing out, it was like an ol grease rag..then ran it w/o it..ah..it ran another 100 times better....I guess my question is: Is it the pilot jet that is probably to rich and would that affect how easy it starts?

:cool:

G. Gearloose

Pigment of ur imagination
Jul 24, 2000
start by dropping the needle and remove the airbox snorkle, 45 pilot.
Then order a CGK needle and 38 & 40 pilots, 152 and 155 mains. 15 bucks max.

Then flush the pipe and silencer again or it will spit forever.

ZKDX

~SPONSOR~
Aug 23, 2002
duly noted GEARLOOSE...thank you

DaveRS575

Sponsoring Member
Aug 15, 2002
I know... silly reply.. but you will also want to check your premix...

I have found that 38-42:1 Amsoil dominator mixed with 94+octane caused my '94 to burn much cleaner and run very nicely. Still a little smokey, but who doesn't love the smell of a good 2-smoke! ;)

Joe Diver

N. Texas SP
Mar 21, 2005
Don't you have to repack the silencer every so often anyway? Otherwise it'll spooge no matter what you do?

ZKDX

~SPONSOR~
Aug 23, 2002
Yes, I do believe you need to repack fairly often depending on how your jetting is.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom