GAT

Jun 20, 2004
Has anyone ever had your front brakes lock up??
My first thought was my brake lever got hung up in the bark busters but after further examination I couldnt see anything. So the only way I could move was to let the brake fluid out of the line.Do the cylinders just go bad sometimes???
I have had many KDX's and never had this problem.

Thanks

Henk

Apr 15, 2000
I've seen this happen once. The brake lever got hung up on the barkbusters for a while and everything got seriously hot. The disk was blue. You'd know if this had happened since the disk gets so hot you can cook on it. I'd replace the brake fluid as a precaution in any case

David Trustrum

~SPONSOR~
Jan 25, 2001
Hi Henk,
GAT, there are a few things that will make the brakes stick. The first is the calliper pistons or sliding pin seizing. This is not your problem as releasing fluid helps.

The next is the return hole can be blocked. Often this is just there is no freeplay at the lever & it is slightly pushing the mc piston in enough to close off the return hole. Dodgy aftermarket levers will do this for free if you’re lucky, though the barkbusters are worth a look. Also take the cap off & check the rubber is sitting properly & isn’t ripped. Clean the vent channel in the cap. It will be blocked with white residue.

Top Bottom