ridered125

Feb 7, 2003
The front brake on my 2003 KDX 200 is dragging. When I spin the wheel it only makes two revloutions before stopping and you can hear the pads dragging on the rotor. The bark busters are not striking the lever and the brake is not locking up.

This just started and I noticed it because the bike was a handful in deep sandy turns. Any suggestions would be helpful before I dive in for repair.

Thanks.

sick 96 250

Damn Yankees
Jul 16, 2004
same thing happened on my bike not to long ago and i took a spill in a sandy turn. When i got home i noticed it wouldn't spin freely. My disc was bent a little so i took a rubber mallet and hit it a little where it was rubbing the most and now its straight again and spinning freely

tedkxkdx

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 6, 2003
the piston can load up with sand and cause sticking. remedy would be to dismantle brake and clean then bleed brakes. it takes only an hour if your not scared of it and two to thrr if you are unfamiliar. mine had grass/weeds on the piston.

chiro972

Dec 12, 2002
Did you find out why yours were dragging? I just noticed mine doing the same thing. I don't think the rotor is bent, the drag is the same all the way around. Bent rotor should feel different at different points in a wheel revolution.

Top Bottom