Jun 5, 2006
My kx125's front brake has been doing something strange. it's a little hard to describe, but i'll try my best:

the brake lever isn't hard to pull at first, but then once you get the brake engaging a little, the lever kind of sticks, and you have to pull harder, causing the brake to engage more, but in most cases, too hard. then if you want to brake even harder, it'll do it again. This is getting very frustrating while driving because it causes the front wheel to do unexpected things, like sliding and what not.
i dont know if that made sense but any help would be appreciated. Would bleeding the brakes possibly help?

thanks for any input :)

FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005
You might need to rebuild the master cylinder, it's cheap and easy. I think I spent 16 minutes doing it once (without instructions).

JST122

Dec 29, 2005
I would try bleeding the brake lines and changing the fluid. Usually old/bad brake fluid gives you more of a mushy feel rather than choppy locking up of the brakes but I would try that first and if that gives you no results I would look to the master cylinder like FruDaddy recomends.

FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005
The fact that it sticks part way through the stroke is what makes me think it's a mechanical problem. Buy all means, change the fluid and bleed it though, even if you rebuild the MC, it's a good idea.

FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005
Xtremesports445 said:
alright, i'll try bleeding the lines and changing the fluid. if that doesn't work what would i need to rebuild the master cylinder?
Just go to your dealer and tell the parts guy that you need a master cylinder rebuid kit. Other than that, a small flat screwdriver, needle nose pliers, and O-ring pliers should be all that you need. After you remove the lever, of course.

Top Bottom