ryanfoley

Sep 17, 2002
I was riding the other day and i was like man i suck today, i threw on some new tires so i thought it was that cause of my frnt end not sticking. Through a whoop section my front wheel would stop each time it wasnt touching the ground, so i stopd to fix it and i told my buddy it was the adjuster but he said it wouldnt matter how the adjustter was set up its just for personal preference. well we made it so i barely had any front brake and it workd fine for the rest of the day. Was it because of the adjuster or as it because of the heat, because before i started riding it was just fine. ANy ideas? THanks

David Trustrum

~SPONSOR~
Jan 25, 2001
Having trouble trying to understand you but it sounds like you have an incorrect aftermarket lever & it is blocking the return hole for the brake fluid.

First off

Bleed the brakes.
While you are at it check the breather in the master cylinder cap is not blocked & the rubber is not split etc. This may be your problem.

Check disc is not warped in a ‘cone’

Right;
Block your bike up in the air. The front wheel should be free enough to spin by hand with just a little drag perhaps. The lever should have some (can be tiny) freeplay before it presses the piston in the master cylinder. The adjuster is just a screw that bears down on this piston to reduce the freeplay, but if it is already pushing the piston in then the return hole will be blocked.

Further maintenance may be required but let us know how you get on.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom