YZHooligan

Oct 30, 2006
When i put my bike on the stand, hold front brake...i can move front wheel in direction of travel a couple mm ...this couple mm of play i notice comes from the brake rotor.
how do i fix this? Il try get a pic and show you what im talking about

thanks

edit: i do not mean suspension travel up and down i mean direction wheel spins in circular motion
edit: http://www.galferusa.com/DF520W_LEFT.jpg

you see where the braking part of the rotor is connected to the inner part with those circles. there is the play

Last edited:

lestat357

Dec 5, 2007
are those circles actually bolts like allenhead bolts? if so then tighten the bolts if not then you need a new rotor

lestat357

Dec 5, 2007
actually it looks like it might be more of a clamp fit try tightening all the bolts connecting it maybe thatll do it

YZHooligan

Oct 30, 2006
the play is between the silver part and the black part.
the circles connected these are not where the allen bolts are connected to the bike.

the inner circles on the black part are where the allen bolts go. i dont see how tightening that will stop the play. il try it

lestat357

Dec 5, 2007
lol clamping down making it tighter but if thats not where it connects its probably the rotors did you buy them new? id try going with a different brand because from what i can see they are a two piece model and i myself would go with a one piece like the stock models or try that company braking they have been around forever

lestat357

Dec 5, 2007
oh if you bought them new contact the company and tell them hopefully youll get a refund or a new rotor

lestat357

Dec 5, 2007
oh ok that seems weird to me though you would think it would hinder the performance if it moved

YZHooligan

Oct 30, 2006
thanks for the input
naw, these rotors were already on the bike when i bought it used. i just noticed this play recently. i agree...i dont know whats up with this 2 piece design. it doesnt make sense..why not just make it in 1 piece? what brand do you recommend? also i need some brake pads..what brand should I go with?

p.s. the picture in the first post is an example. thats not my rotor..i just tried to find a pic thats a 2 piece design like the one I have on my bike

YZHooligan

Oct 30, 2006
splatt said:
It's a floating rotor and is meant to have some movement.

Steve

cool. i didnt know about this. lucky, i could have just spent 100 buks on a new rotor lol. i guess its ok then...

as for brake pads though, anyone, who to go with?

Top Bottom