yarrowkevin

Mar 12, 2004
any suggestions to make my front brakes on my 96 kdx 200 stop any better, they are a little better than the 90 I had, but suck compered to my old xr, I have bled them, pads are fine its a stock setup, no alterations, they just require a lot of lever grab to be able to stop.any suggestions? :worship:

yarrowkevin

Mar 12, 2004
just bled the brakes a couple of weeks ago and replaced the fluid, dont get me wrong it stops, but just not with the any authority, it feels weak, I dont want to go and spend cash on some thing if the front brakes arnt up to par at the best of times, I would rather find somthing that will really stick, do the brakes usually behave like this, I am a new owner to this bike, but my previous kdx was the same

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
When I first bought them, both my KDX's with front discs had weak brakes, despite repeated flushing/bleeding/fluid change.

Frustrated, I took the caliper, hose and master cylinder off the bike and hung it on a wall. This keeps the hose straight. Leave it up there for a couple of days, and tap the hose with a screwdriver handle every so often. This should allow the bubbles that are clinging to the hose wall at the bend of the hose (when you bleed on the bike) to break loose. Then bleed the line again with the hose straight and off the bike.

This made a big difference on my KDX's. It is a PITA, but not as much trouble as bleeding the brake 10 times and getting no improvement.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom