Tasmanian

Apr 12, 2007
I have a xr500 84 honda. The front brakes ride constantly where the wheel barely moves. I had the pads and calipers replaced but it still rides. Im thinking of bleeding the brakes. If anyone knows how to do this or has other suggestions it would be greatly apprieciated.

Tasmanian

Apr 12, 2007
I took it into the shop a while ago. Probably 3 months. The brakes were fine but when i was riding it i dumped the bike. I finnaly got the carb rebuilt and now onto the brakes.

Was for post above.

76GMC1500

Uhhh...
Oct 19, 2006
If it's still dragging even after replacing the the entire caliper assembly, the only thing I can think of is that something is not letting pressure in the line/caliper vent. Is the master cylinder overfilled? Is the rubber boot in the master cylinder intact and not perforated?

Tasmanian

Apr 12, 2007
I dont know if the master cylinder is over filled i do know that the reservoir is complety full i had to tilt it probably 40* before i saw the air bubble in the window. Wheres the rubber boot?

I<3Dirt

Feb 3, 2007
Tasmanian said:
I took it into the shop a while ago. Probably 3 months. The brakes were fine but when i was riding it i dumped the bike. I finnaly got the carb rebuilt and now onto the brakes.

Was for post above.

I removed my post because I mis-read yours, I read that it had happened after you got it back from the shop, so I assumed the shop was the problem.
Sorry about that

FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005
Just for fun, pull the caliper off and see if there is any debris jammed in there. I was helpoing a buddy out at the track and noticed that his son' s bike had a large amount of grass wedged in between the edge of the rotor and the caliper.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom