bte

~SPONSOR~
May 1, 2001
I'm looking for a little help with a problem I'm having. Hopefully someone can point in the right direction.
I have a 04 Husqvarna TE250 4T.
45mm Marzocchi and Sachs rear shock
The bike has been revalved front and rear
Springs are stock front/rear,
new S-12 front/rear
I'm 155 pounds.

My problem is this. I have put about 200 miles on the bike since the revalve (400-425 miles or 30 hrs total on bike). The last 50-75 mile or so I have noticed that the front seems to have a mind of it on sometimes (mostly mud) The forks seem be hanging down in the stroke at times, it seems to be when I let off the gas (I think). It's almost like the fork just locks in that postion and there is nothing I can do about and then I'm on the ground. I have noticed that it doesn't seem to be as bad when the clutch is pulled in (no engine braking)
I think maybe the front end has been like this the whole time. But since it has been muddy the last month I've noticed it more. I have adjusted the comp/reb. clicker front and back, tire pressure, sag, ect.. with not much improvement.

The bike works great on everything else (root, ruts, ect..)

Thanks for any help.
brown

terry hay

Nov 8, 2003
Brown
It sounds as if you have either, fork springs that are too soft or insufficient preload. These symptoms could also be attained if you are running excessive preload on the rear shock. Check your sag. You should be running around 105mm.
The Marzocchis have a funny midvalve and rebound stack. Do you know if your tuner addressed these areas? The Husky is one of the nicests bikes I've ridden in years. Just needs a little love.
Terry Hay

bte

~SPONSOR~
May 1, 2001
Terry,
Thanks for the reply.
The sag is set at the 100mm + or - 5mm
I don't know what the stock springs are and neither does any dealer I have talked to. I have call Husky and plan on hearing form them today about the springs.
The shop I used (a Husky Shop) seemed to be good before I sent my susp. off to them. Now I'm not so sure. I had some questions for them when I got my susp. back, but they didn't help much. I think they may have just soften up the comp. stack but I don't know that for sure.

This maybe asking to much but could you tell me what to look for in the rebound and mid-valve to tell if it has been changed. I will be breaking down the forks tonight.

Thanks
brown

Husky says sprigs are, front 4.5 n/mm (0.459 kg/mm); rear 5.0 n/mm (0.509 kg/mm)

Last edited:

shockdoc

May 3, 2001
You might want check to make sure that your right side fork is not bound up. Loosen the 2 R/S pinch bolts (with bike on stand) and carefully tap a small straight blade screwdriver into the slot between the bolts. You will be able to push & pull on the fork leg and see that it is not binding.

doc

bte

~SPONSOR~
May 1, 2001
Thanks Doc,

I did try that a couple of weeks ago. I will try it again and see if there is any change this time.

Thanks,
brown

DEANSFASTWAY

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 16, 2002
Maybe they pinched a shim somewhere or something,Sometimes if the idle is real high a 4 stroke wont seem to want to plant the front end as well . hows the motor ? good power? i saw Hoess was in brazil running strong then his valves tightened up and he DNF.

bte

~SPONSOR~
May 1, 2001
DEANSFASTWAY

The bike works very well, I'm very happy with it. In stock form the bike (I believe) is much better than any other 250 4T enduro bike out there. And not far behind the MX 250 4T. The bike seems to be very well thought out.

As far as my front fork... After breaking them down is seems I paid good money for a questionable revalve. The comp. stack was the only thing altered. Four (2 on each side) of the shims used seemed to have been hand cut (not a good job either). So much red loc-tite was used that one piston was glued to the base valve and the other piston was glued to the nut. O'well.....

Thanks for all the info.
brown

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom