Cr 1_2_5

Nov 13, 2005
well it all depends on your mechanical skills. if your mechanically inclined than no this project isnt as hard as you might have heard. Though im not saying its an easy unbolt and bolt back up job. It will also take you a while there is a lot of down time letting the oils drain out. The only special tools your goint to need is a seal driver to drive the oil seals back into your forks.Over all if you have mechanical skills go for it if you feel uncomfortable doing it then you can have someone do it. If you want i can email the whole process how to do it. I just didnt want to type it on here if you didnt know the steps. Hope this helps, Cr 1_2_5

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
I just didnt want to type it on here if you didnt know the steps.
Cut & Paste?

cyrk500

Sep 11, 2006
Cr 1_2_5 If you want i can email the whole process how to do it. Cr 1_2_5[/QUOTE said:
I was going to ask the same question on how to rebuild forks but since someone already did i don't need to. I was wondering though if you could send me step by step instructions. I have a 2000 yz250. I'm pretty sure it needs a rebuild because when you compress the forks they don't come back up completely. rideon515@yahoo.com. Thanks.

shotgun

Mar 27, 2007
Cr 1_2_5 said:
well it all depends on your mechanical skills. if your mechanically inclined than no this project isnt as hard as you might have heard. Though im not saying its an easy unbolt and bolt back up job. It will also take you a while there is a lot of down time letting the oils drain out. The only special tools your goint to need is a seal driver to drive the oil seals back into your forks.Over all if you have mechanical skills go for it if you feel uncomfortable doing it then you can have someone do it. If you want i can email the whole process how to do it. I just didnt want to type it on here if you didnt know the steps. Hope this helps, Cr 1_2_5

Have had several conventional type forks apart and rebuilt in the past. I would appreciate step by step directions for newer usd forks also. I have no experience with them! Thanks

glad2ride

Jul 4, 2005
shotgun, check the articles on the www.mx-tech.com site. That will help you out some. Also search on the internet for "MX Tuner" and his article on fork service. I think the article is from 1998 or so, but covers a good bit of the technology then.

Good luck.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom