cyber649

Apr 15, 2010
I removed the front wheel on my '07 YZ250F (put a new tire on and my first time taking the front wheel off), and the collars that go on got me a bit confused. Looking at the owners manual doesn't help much. I guess I should of looked better before taking the wheel off.

What I need to know is if the collars need to be pushed in flush in the wheel before installing the axle, or if that's the way they are supposed to be (the way I installed them currently). I included a couple of pictures to help hopefully. I also took it for a test ride and nothing abnormal happened.

This bike means way to much to me to have something happen to it because of my own stupidity.

Thanks for the help in advance!

Attachments

• 100_0662-1.jpg
    100_0662-1.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 275
  • 100_0663-1.jpg
    100_0663-1.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 250

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Either somebody has hit the end of your axle with a hammer, and buggered the end up. Or it is just hanging out? Those spacers go in the wheel first, tighten the axle nut, then center the wheel, and make sure your forks are straight. Then tighten the 4 axle lug nuts. File the axle flat if its mushroomed on the end.

cyber649

Apr 15, 2010
I think you may be referring to the grease in the 2nd picture? The axle is in perfect condition when it was removed and installed.

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
I don't own a Yamaha, but the first pic looks right to me. The spacers should "fit" past the grease seal and ride against bearing... they will hold themselves in the hub when installed correctly.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
The bottom of your fork, where the 2 nuts are at, to hold the axle, should not be greased, and should not hang out past the lug. This can cause issues, like premature bushing wear, and clunking in extreme cases.

Top Bottom