FRP Torque Ring Report

Tom L

Dec 18, 2004
I just put in the FRP Torque Ring today!!! My setup is '03 KDX220: no airbox lid, Uni filter, RB carb mod, FMF -35 torque pipe, stock silencer, 13/52 sprockets, Carbon Tech low tension carbon fiber reeds.

I rode the bike beforehand for about a half hour to get a fresh feel for the power delivery. (I always like to ride immediately before and after any changes to feel the effect.) Then installed the torque ring and rode again.

I did notice a very significant difference!! I was actually expecting very little from a simple washer installation. However, it definitely added a good bit of low end grunt! Before, there was always an irritating "dead zone" between idle and power. I always had to keep the rpm's up a bit to pop wheelies over logs. Now the power comes on much closer to idle. More like a 4-stroke. I really didn't notice any loss in top end at all. I guess a 200 rpm loss off the top is not really noticable to me. :think: It seems to rev just as well as before. The low end power is much more abrupt and strong now! Definitely $10 well spent!!! I'll report back again when I put in the Moose reed spacer and DEK needle (currently CEK).

matt-itude

Jul 6, 2004
I put a vforce3 in my 03 200 and it seemed to give it more power from bottom to top and better throttle response. Then I pulled the flywheel and advanced the timming just past the recomended maximum mark. That woke the bottomend power and response up big time. Just a thought and the tool will cost about 15 dollars. then you can try different settings for free after that.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…