Tom L

Dec 18, 2004
I just put in the FRP Torque Ring today!!! My setup is '03 KDX220: no airbox lid, Uni filter, RB carb mod, FMF -35 torque pipe, stock silencer, 13/52 sprockets, Carbon Tech low tension carbon fiber reeds.

I rode the bike beforehand for about a half hour to get a fresh feel for the power delivery. (I always like to ride immediately before and after any changes to feel the effect.) Then installed the torque ring and rode again.

I did notice a very significant difference!! I was actually expecting very little from a simple washer installation. However, it definitely added a good bit of low end grunt! Before, there was always an irritating "dead zone" between idle and power. I always had to keep the rpm's up a bit to pop wheelies over logs. Now the power comes on much closer to idle. More like a 4-stroke. I really didn't notice any loss in top end at all. I guess a 200 rpm loss off the top is not really noticable to me. :think: It seems to rev just as well as before. The low end power is much more abrupt and strong now! Definitely $10 well spent!!! I'll report back again when I put in the Moose reed spacer and DEK needle (currently CEK).

matt-itude

Jul 6, 2004
I put a vforce3 in my 03 200 and it seemed to give it more power from bottom to top and better throttle response. Then I pulled the flywheel and advanced the timming just past the recomended maximum mark. That woke the bottomend power and response up big time. Just a thought and the tool will cost about 15 dollars. then you can try different settings for free after that.

Top Bottom