csdwarf

Apr 19, 2010
I have a 88 kdx 200 and i was wondering if the frp torque ring that goes between the head engine and exhuast would fit,

also ive heard of reed spacing products that are also supposed to give low end.

im trying to make the bike have the most low end possible

what are all the upgrades i can do to get maximum torque

reepicheep

Apr 3, 2009
I tried the moose torque spacer on my kids KX-60. It didn't seem to hurt, but I'm not sure it made much of a positive difference either, and it bent the airbox elbow quite a bit as a result of the new position, and made it harder to get to the choke. So all said and done, I would not do it again, and may pull it off and see if he can tell a difference.

Your best bang for the buck is probably simply gearing down, using decent boyesen reeds, making sure the KIPS assembly is all working correctly, and making sure it's jetted right. This will make a KDX pull pretty reasonably well right from the bottom...

helio lucas

~SPONSOR~
Jun 20, 2007
the so called "torque spacer" may work, but is very dependable on the engine, even on the reeds you use...
all reepicheep said, plus a low end exhaust pipe and maybe some porting will do the trick.

Lorin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 25, 1999
the torque ring didnt make me feel any real difference. cheap mod though. Not sure I would do so a second time.

Top Bottom