Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
I'm looking for a type of fuel holder similiar to the drinking bottles found on mountian bikes, but for holding fuel. I've seen the number plate type ones but was wondering if anyone has seen the small bottle type ones. Thanks for any help!

fatty_k

~SPONSOR~
Jul 3, 2001
If you have a coolant recovery/overflow bottle on your bike you could always modifly it to hold a little extra fuel, make sure you separate it from your coolant system first!

danjerman

Aug 15, 2000
Maier Mfg. makes something that will suit your needs. It's a 2 quart tank that mounts to your crossbar (yes it comes with a mounting kit) that can be used for water or gas. Personally, I use it for water and it works great. No leaks whatsoever! I think it cost me around 30.00. You should be able to obtain it through chaparral (where I bought mine) or Maier themselves. Just be sure to carry and extra velcro strap because once mine was directly hit in the strap by a rock it snapped!

PK

Feb 27, 2000
I would go with the number plate one before I would use the kind your talking about. I have a story that may change your mind. My buddy and I were in a desert race and he had a fuel bottle like you describe mounted on his handlebars. About 5 miles into the race he noticed it was gone. Didn't even notice it had fallen off, but he thinks it happened in the whoops. After the race he got another one, it lasted till the first time he went over the bars, he hit with his chest causing it to open and dump gas on him. He bought a larger fuel tank after that. They don't stay on very well when you have something in it. I had the number plate fuel tank and it worked pretty well.

Pat

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
Thanks for the replies guys!

I still havent decieded yet what i want. We do mostly woods riding but there are several places that use up almost all of your fuel. I mean we are basically on fumes. So i thought something like this would be a life saver. Before i got my 2 stroke i never worried about it much. A buddy ran out of gas doing an old poker run course and he didnt even get to play on the side trails. Basically had to shut down while we went and had fun. Now that i have a 2 stroke i dont want to be in that same situation. It's no fun pushing a bike several miles back to the truck.

S

Saratoga

Backpacking stoves like MSR (not Malcolm Smith) make fuel canisters in three different sizes. They work well for holding gas. As far as a holder you can mount to a MX bike, I have never seen one.

Last edited by a moderator:

kingriz1

Aug 2, 2001
Yeah the back pack thing. How bout one of those back pack water holders like camel back?

THough I would hate for it to catch fire while you wore it.

Sincerely,

Riz

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom