motocross3

Jan 30, 2008
My brother's PW50 isn't getting fuel. I replaced the petcock and fuel lines and checked to see if the tank is stopped up but it still isn't getting fuel any ideas.

BigRedAF

Jan 9, 2005
How do you know it isn't getting fuel?

Do you mean no fuel from the tank line that feeds the carb?

Not sure about the PW50 but some entry level bikes have a vacuum side on the petcock that will close when the bike isn't running so no fuel will come out until you kick and get the vacuum started. If that 's the case just a small amount of suction on the line will open the valve and fill your carb bowl. The pic in the link is an example of a Suzuki 50 vacuum petcock I found on ebay for you to see:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Suzu...ewItem?hash=item150210643523#ebayphotohosting

Do you mean no fuel when you twist the throttle?

If that's the case, 2 strokes don't have an accelerator pump so you wont see fuel squirt with the twist of the throttle.

INDYMX's comments are good ones, clogged vents will create a lock and slow or stop fuel flow. A gummed up bowl can cause the needle valve to stick in the seat and hang up the float preventing the bowl to fill.

motocross3

Jan 30, 2008
He wanted to ride the other day and couldn't get it started so i went and kicked it and gave it some gas and then i checked ot see if it had gas in it and it did so i tried to drain it to see if some of it would come out and none did so i tore it down and can't find the problem. Thanks for the ideas guys

motocross3

Jan 30, 2008
Alright, after messing with it for a couple of hours yesterday i got it to start, but after a few revs it cut off and haven't got it started since.

SHSPVR

Oct 24, 2006
Float needel sticking
put hand over the carb inlet and kick it do it have any vacuum and dose it start after removing your hand?.

BigRedAF

Jan 9, 2005
SHSPVR said:
Float needel sticking
put hand over the carb inlet and kick it do it have any vacuum and dose it start after removing your hand?.

All this line of questioning would indicate is a clogged pilot. The hand over the carb trick causes the bike to act like the choke is on and the intake signal sucks fuel harder since it can't suck air.

Sticking shut,no fuel. Sticking open, flood the engine.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom