Full exhaust system for my '09 CRF230F?

icedgreece

Apr 7, 2010
Alright.

So I debaffled my bike, and I love it. I don't want to make any modifications to my bike until I get a new full exhaust system. So here are a few questions.

1) What is a good full exhaust system for my bike? (Decent Price)
2) Do I need the full system? (I want power)
3) What will I need to adjust carb?
4) Should I buy a new air filter?
5) Do I even need a new exhaust system if my bike is debaffled?

I mean, warranty's up so why not. I love my HMF on my Honda Rancher.

For the exhaust, sound isn't a problem. I like loud anyways; but I want the most power.

Thanks a lot !

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
icedgreece said:
Alright.
So I debaffled my bike, and I love it.
For the exhaust, sound isn't a problem. I like loud anyways; but I want the most power.
Thanks a lot !

You may like LOUD but, most people that don't own dirtbikes don't like loud. Loud is getting race tracks and trail systems shut down all over the country. Do yourself and all of us a favor and keep your bike as quiet as possible. LOUD does not relate to speed or power. It is possible to make your bike quiet and still get the power you desire.

Look into the FMF 'Q' silencer for a quiet silencer that makes reasonable power.

wake_rider

Feb 21, 2007
You like loud, eh? It makes sense seeing that you have a utility quad. Loud does not equal power, so don't buy into the "bubba" hype that the overalls dressed crowd will have you believe.

That being said, there are definitely exhaust systems that will keep your bike quiet while allowing it to make a bit more power, but I doubt you need extra power, whatsoever. Possibly only about 20% of the top professional riders in the world actually use any one bikes power to its full capabilities, so I can promise you that you're nowhere near utilizing even 50% of the power that bike produces.

Learn how to use your clutch as your throttle and how to take turns and I promise you that you will soon realize that your bike has plenty of power.

icedgreece

Apr 7, 2010
Ol'89r said:
You may like LOUD but, most people that don't own dirtbikes don't like loud. Loud is getting race tracks and trail systems shut down all over the country. Do yourself and all of us a favor and keep your bike as quiet as possible. LOUD does not relate to speed or power. It is possible to make your bike quiet and still get the power you desire.

Look into the FMF 'Q' silencer for a quiet silencer that makes reasonable power.

I do like loud but I respect others as well. With most aftermarket pipes, you can buy a silencer. That's what I would do. I have the "Quietcore" insert for my HMF, I use it 90% of the time. I want the most power for my buck, not a new baffle system for $300.00. I may as well as just put a hole in my current baffle and there's an aftermarket pipe.

wake_rider said:
You like loud, eh? It makes sense seeing that you have a utility quad. Loud does not equal power, so don't buy into the "bubba" hype that the overalls dressed crowd will have you believe.

That being said, there are definitely exhaust systems that will keep your bike quiet while allowing it to make a bit more power, but I doubt you need extra power, whatsoever. Possibly only about 20% of the top professional riders in the world actually use any one bikes power to its full capabilities, so I can promise you that you're nowhere near utilizing even 50% of the power that bike produces.

Learn how to use your clutch as your throttle and how to take turns and I promise you that you will soon realize that your bike has plenty of power.

I have been riding for about 8 years now. I currently own a CRF250, CR250, CRF230F, KLX450r, and a YZ250. There all modified in some way with aftermarket parts.

I would have to say my YZ250 is the loudest, and it is annoying loud. I dislike how loud it is. I figured less baffles=less pressure= greater power.

wake_rider

Feb 21, 2007
A two-stroke is rarely louder than a thumper. Even with the silencer off, you can still make out the sounds of individual bikes passing by. With thumpers, it's all just one jumbled mess of sound that travels too far, and that's primarily a problem of everyone running waaayy too loud exhaust systems.

You will have more top-end with less back-pressure, but that bike is really built for more low end grunt to work the trails over with. Why would you want different than that whenever you already have a stable of other bikes that better fit that type of riding?

jb_dallas

Feb 17, 2009
I agree with wake rider, why would you want to modify a CRF230F? Want to go faster? Climb on your CR250 or YZ250. I dont get it. An exhaust system for a CRF230F is an absolute waste of money. You also wasted your time (and probably annoyed some neighbors) by debaffeling your bike. Its just louder, you didnt create any more power unless you did other mods in addition to the debaffeling. If you have money burning a hole in your wallet, donate it to charity.

Top Bottom