jsned

~SPONSOR~
May 17, 2000
I was planning on going to Astoria for the enduro, but that might have changed. My buddy I was going to go with I think has changed his mind. If he aint going I am not driving all the way down there myself. 170 miles one way. only about 60 to Wedron. I will look for you guys. Later Jeff.

Plus it aint a real enduro. basically a harescramble, so I might as well go to FVOR.

But speaking of Enduro, are any of you guys planning on doing the 2 day event at Geneseo? 1 month away.

djj

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 18, 2003
Nice ride Sunday at FVOR, Quads messed things up :coocoo: , so we started late. I liked the coarse got 8th +40b and 4th in the Thumper class.

jsned

~SPONSOR~
May 17, 2000
djj, Iwas wondering what caused the delay. That was a good day. Starting getting slicker as the day went on.

1st Vet 30+, 6th overall.

The class is really good, there are 3-4 of us swapping wins and places each race, pretty excited about the next one.

wardy

2005 Lori Nyland Award Winner
Nov 12, 1999
had a call today, looks like one club down south is looking real serious at implementing the transponder system. be pretty cool.

they called today.

last race this season at FVOR DON"T FORGET YOUR TRANSPONDERS! :)

djj

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 18, 2003
wardy said:
had a call today, looks like one club down south is looking real serious at implementing the transponder system. be pretty cool.

they called today.

last race this season at FVOR DON"T FORGET YOUR TRANSPONDERS! :)

Can the transponders be used for enduro's Wardy??????

jsned

~SPONSOR~
May 17, 2000
Djj are you going this next Sunday (10-8-06)?

I got to redeem myself for that ride last weekend at Oakford.

Wardy, I am mixed on the transponder thing. Alot of races over the past few years I have done have been scored quickly and correctly, which would make us old (Vet) riders think they are not needed. It is an added cost which for me is getting to be an issue with racing dirtbikes. That is about the only thing that bothers me about them.

But the race I did at your place last month seemed to prove they DO work great. And it is real nice to see your place right away. For what ever reason the score board was telling me I was in 2nd place 10 minutes down only to find out I got first. I dont know what happend there.

When you say other clubs are interested does that mean that we would have to buy transponders at each club, or would yours work at their club???? Again I am only asking because of thinking about cost.

I like it. I would like to see it used at all HS in the district. IF you can use the same transponder at all races.

AND I am not saying the clubs and promoters should take the cost either. Just hope others follow you so it would keep cost down for all of us.

munch

~SPONSOR~
Jan 23, 2002
jsned said:
I like it. I would like to see it used at all HS in the district. IF you can use the same transponder at all races.

AND I am not saying the clubs and promoters should take the cost either. Just hope others follow you so it would keep cost down for all of us.

Would have been nice to have the District buy the system and the promoters cover the needed transponders, which in turn would be pretty much covered by the riders rental or purchase of the transponders.

The system is way to much $ for every promoter to be expected to be able to afford.(Wardy, I know you took the initiative to do this already :cool: )

I think it wouldn't be to hard to get the system to each race with the great following D 17 HS has.

I know there are some dates that are scheduled on top of each other, but I don't believe the number of these are great (3)and could possibly be avoided. :ride:

Just my 2 cents for what its worth

KaTooMer

~SPONSOR~
Jul 28, 1999
Not to jump on the Missouri bandwagon yet again (although I never really jumped off it in the first place), but their series has one scorekeeper for the whole series who goes to every race and sets up the scoring for each event. This is possible because they usually have 16 or less races per year, otherwise you'd probably never get any one person to commit to doing it (and they never have two different events on the same Sunday).

I'm with Jeff, I love the transponder system because I am as much interested in how I finish overall as I am my class position. Computer scoring, adjusted for rows, lets you see that. And for the series, it would allow for a somewhat more logical class advancement system - I have no idea how a person gets advanced to the A or AA classes in D-17. In Missouri (sorry) they use overall finishing positions throughout the series to determine who rides the A and AA classes.

wardy

Nov 12, 1999
Yes to the enduro part, it has three different ways to score things. that race we did in oakford last week can for sure be scored that way.

transponders are universal. Meaning the start cost for the transponders which we purchased at FVOR would work at all d-17 races since they all use the same class structure. no more cost to the rider, on transponder, 15 bucks ( unless you got the free one from us) and your good to go for many, many years. ( they are supposed to last 3-5 years minimum!!

But the race I did at your place last month seemed to prove they DO work great. And it is real nice to see your place right away. For what ever reason the score board was telling me I was in 2nd place 10 minutes down only to find out I got first. I dont know what happend there.

what happened was the scoring system showed a rider with a "hot lap", at least we had two last race. 40 B, and 30 B, the riders in question were doing 13-14 minute laps then about lap 3 they did a 7 min lap. we deducted that lap and moved the finishes appropriately. LOL better to win then get second and look at the lap times and see that. In fact that is the main reason we went to this system, it can show you in an instant who is cheating, (or in this case took a wrong turn and only rode the 80 course for one lap) it can tell the rider every lap what place he is in, and even give you average MPH>! Not to mention it is nice after the race is over to talk to the guys and have a conversation about how things went with out being in trouble for a scoring snafu. Don't worry transponders can make mistakes to, but when the rider knows his position every lap, there are no surprises at the end, in turn they are thinking of the race, and the day and not if scoring is being proficient.

Should have a fun course layed out, not an oakford or white city, (man those places are nice) but for what we have it will flow and have a few new little places to try. And of course rock creek to cuss. :)

wardy ( hope i didn't miss any questions.)

D-17 advancement for those two classes are based on results and director discreation*.

We have talked to virtually all the promoters in the district on this, many are thinking about it, realize guys we did the whole deal, big screen, transponders (no charge first race) etc. the basic scoring system would be half what we spent. and still would give you all the same results but no race screen, which was 2 grand.

munch

~SPONSOR~
Jan 23, 2002
wardy said:
We have talked to virtually all the promoters in the district on this, many are thinking about it, realize guys we did the whole deal, big screen, transponders (no charge first race) etc. the basic scoring system would be half what we spent. and still would give you all the same results but no race screen, which was 2 grand.

:cool: I hope things work out :nod:

wardy

Nov 12, 1999
Oh and for the district card deal some where i read that you "have" to buy a full year card and that is not the case. D-17 started last year a 5.00 day pass for anyone just wanting to race and not become a member. If a rider wants to buy a district card we hold it now til next year, since the season is almost over.

wardy

djj

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 18, 2003
Yes I will be at FVOR on 10-8-06, I don't know if I'm racing two classes or not. I would like to see my results in +40b if I didn't race the thumper class and my knees are getting better.

I really enjoy the new transponder system of scoring and if it could be used on enduro's that's great. Being able to look at lap times of all the riders, over all speed is so cool. As with everything the more its used the low the cost will be. There will be other suppliers and people will find ways to make the system less expensive. I also like the idea of not relying on a human to write down the right time, or rider number on the scoring board. My son had a problem at the begining of the year where they wrote down the wrong number on the scoreing card, he was dropped from 3rd to 6th because of human error. :blah: :blah:

Jsned redemption? What happened? I don't know what I got yet. That race had to be a pain to score.

Wardy you do a great job with the land you've got, thanks. :cool:

Top Bottom