maxkiks77

Sep 23, 2002
I am 15 and have a gas leak on my Kx 80. Itis coming from one of the holes that a bolt goes into the gas tank. i am guessing the cold weather froze and cracked the seal. LAst weak i was going to warm up since i havnt been on my bike in 3 months, it is winter in Iowa. Well last week it was sunny and 50 degrees and iwasitching to ride. But my damn gas tank started to leak all over as i filled it up. Where can i get this sealant to fix the problem? It is some special stuff? has this type of porblem ever occurred toyou before. Please explain your story, and help me. Thanyousomuch.

Jasle

Sponsoring Member
Nov 27, 2001
The thing is the hole that the bolts go in don't actually go all the way in to the tank. Thus they are not typically sealed. Since yours is leaking from the bolt hole I'd guess its cracked. I have seen people use yamabond #4 or hondabond #4 to seal these leaks. #4 is non-hardening and flexes. You could goop some on the bolt and thread it in. Do this with the tank empty of course. But this is just a bandaid. basically start saving for a new IMS tank! If the crack was somewhere else you could plastic weld it with a soldering iron but in the bolt hole its pretty tough to do.

01RM125

~SPONSOR~
Oct 16, 2002
I fixed a small crack near the cap of my gas tank with "JB Weld". This is a common epoxy type of product I pick up at "the big W store". If you clean it very well (drain it, dawn dish detergent, then contact cleaner) it will hold as long as it dosn't flex much in this area. Mine has held fine for 6 months of riding and crashing:-).

scairns

Sep 19, 2002
SEAL ALL ! (Yellow Tube)

Basically it can fix anything, resistant to oil, gas, etc.
I have repaired gas leaks, seat rips, etc

Good Stuff to have in the tool pack.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom