mxrider76

May 12, 2006
My neighbor has a orange 125 two stroke gasgas. It needs a lot of work but he has riden it very little and very easy but nothing has been maintaned. It needs front/rear wheel bearings,ohlins shocks rebuilt, fork seals, lights fixed, chain/both sprockets, chain guides,rear fender and possible topend rebuild or more :yikes: . The good stuff is that it has awsome brembo breaks and renthal bars and it is all stock. I was going to offer him less than $500 :whoa: as it needs at least that much in parts. but I have riden it and he claims it has 180 pounds of comperssion. So I just wanted some info on these bikes as im a honda man. Is $500 a fair offer? where can I find stock parts or aftermarket?

headbanger

May 7, 2000
Call Jack @ Road Track & Trail for your GasGas parts and tech. questions.
763-427-2184
I have owned 3 GasGas bikes and Jack has been great!
Good luck with the new bike

mxrider76

May 12, 2006
How do I find a vin tag on these bikes for the year and such?

dingoe

Feb 13, 2003
Vin should be on the frame below the triple, also is it conventional or upside down forks? If conventional most likely 1999 or earlier, upside down 2000 on or so and you can tell by looking at the shrouds too. Prior to 2003 the shrouds had rounder holes and after that the shrouds were more angular like KTM’s got. I could be a year off, but should be close. Talk to Jack (RTT) he’s the Gaser man for sure and he can get you just about anything or he can contact Jim Cook and he still has a lot of parts. Mark knows his stuff too and his in MN also (GoFasters). Overall bikes seem easy to work on, but the quality (engineering) is a bit below KTM or Husqvarna. At $500.00 even if you only got one season out of it that’s a deal. I’ll have over 3k in my 2001 and I’ve yet to ride the thing, but it will be worth it when it’s all done.

mxrider76

May 12, 2006
I believe it is older than 1999 but i will check and maybe take some pictures tomorrow

mxrider76

May 12, 2006
Yes it does say tm on the case cover

Top Bottom