terrible

Jun 26, 2006
When I bought my rm85 it was geared way to high for playing in the woods. I put on a 12 tooth front sprocket and it was just about right if not a little too low. Well the sprockets and chain didn't last too long (even with proper lubing and tension) and I'm now in the market for a new setup.

Stock the bike is right at 3.357:1 After I re-geared it went clear down to 3.917:1 I'm trying to find the biggest rear sprocket I can get so I can try to get a little more life out of the front and rear both. Since they both would be bigger that means more teeth to share the load ;)

I've been searching and the biggest rear I can find is a 50 tooth and I was going to use a 13 front that would give me 3.846:1 Wich is a bit taller than what I had and I think it'd be just about right.

Another question for those that have used alot of different brands. Have you seen any increased life with the more expensive parts? With a price of 60$ for a renthal vs 20$ for a sunline I would think it should last 3x as long but I've never used anything other than sunline or Primary drive parts.

Also why are there no o-ring chains in the 428 size? :think:

Top Bottom