May 10, 2007
Haycock Kid said:
Welcome to the holiday season - who is bulking up ? and who is slimming down this winter ?

im definately slimming down. being a freshman in high school is great cuz now i can wrestle for the high school team. all i have to say is that practice is hell! practice started monday and im still in pain from it.

im not really trying to slim down as much as just lose a few pounds maybe and get into better shape overall. im currently 5 8 and like 165lbs.

as i was reading back on this though one thing i read was that everyone was walking 5 miles 3 miles w/e. i ran XC this year at school and i found that running is much better then walking cuz you get that runners high. that feeling you get when you have acomplished something. and thats what keeps you doing it.

well w/e it would seem that this has been dead for awhile but with the holidays comming up maybe more people will get in shape.

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
Haycock Kid said:
Welcome to the holiday season - who is bulking up ? and who is slimming down this winter ?

Funny you should bring this thread back up - I was thinking about it today.

After a great summer and an all too busy September/October - I am easing my way back into gym going. I walked (3 1/2 miles a couple times a week on some NICE hills) and rode my dirtbike of course during the summer. I also swam and rode my mountain bike quite a bit to stay in shape.

Now I'm back at the gym! I'm determined to stay in shape throughout the holidays instead of trying to get back into it after!

bikertim1966

Nov 15, 2007
Body for Life

If you really want to get in shape, and spend only about 4 hours a week doing it, go on e-bay and buy the body for life book by Bill Phillips and follow it! Lost 50 lbs in 6 months, and felt great! Workouts are less time, but more intense. Eat 6 small meals a day instead of 3, and 1 day a week eat anything and as much as you want! It really works, and it is easier to eat the 6 meals (split up larger meals) than you might think. Tim

defo26

Apr 23, 2007
I run every night accept sunday night for 4 miles. On monday I go to the gym and i do upper body then tuesday I do cardio and abs and wednesday I do Lower body workouts. Thursday friday saturday I ride and sunday I race.

adam728

Aug 16, 2004
Long time no update.

After being a lazy fat arse from Thanksgiving thru Christmas I reached an all time high, 188 lbs.

I started eating better and biking a few times a week for fun. Didn't really get back in the gym/running thing like I wanted too, but just eating better is helping huge. In the last 7 weeks I've lost just over 13 pounds. I've been stuck hovering in the 180-185 range for probably the last 5-6 years. Weight loss is slowing a bit, but my goal is to hit 165 by the end of May. It's just getting hard with all this travel for work (where do you get healthy food in Mexico?)

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
Wow Adam awesome!

After some analyzing and mathematical equations I realized at the beginning of this year if I kept it up I'd weigh 200 pounds or more by the time I'm 40 - and that would not be cool. So, I took up eating on the Weight Watchers Flex Plan. It's amazing - I still eat whatever I want, just in smaller portions and I've lost 8.5 pounds since The beginning of February. I'd like to go down probably just a few more, but not much. Plus with going to the gym - I feel great!

mox69

Mar 26, 2007
paintbller8000 said:
One great way to keep slim in my mind is to not eat anything after dinner. I know it sounds simple and plain, but it really helps.

That isn't always true. The fact of the matter is how many calories you consume in a day directly translates into how much weight you will gain or loose. A 165 lb person who sits on the couch all day needs roughly 2500 calories to not gain / loose any weight. There are calculators out there that will give you the correct number for your body. Also remember everyone is different this is just a guide.

To be honest, loosing weight isn't that hard in "theory." Instead of spending money on books, programs, etc. follow a few simple rules.
These are easy in theory , but hard in practice!

1. Eat 4-7 meals a day, Including breakfast. As a person who eats about 3000 calories and 5 meals a day. A "meal" can be anything from a banana and milk to a full on turkey dinner. I eat 3 "meals" per day and 2 "snacks" (banana + coffee, pb sandwich + milk, etc). Obviously adjust how many calories are in each meal.

2. Get to the gym and lift some weights! (notice I didn't say do cardio). Lifting weights for 45 mins burns some serious calories. The more muscle on your body, the more calories you can eat!! These bodybuilder guys can consume 5000+ calories in a day.

3. Don't go on a "diet." Change the way you eat food forever. Like seriously go home and throw out all of your snack food and junk crap stuff. Goto the grocery store and buy a bunch of raw meat (turkey!!), whole wheat breads / pasta, eggs, skim milk, cottage cheese, peanut butter, mixed nuts, frozen veggies, grapeseed oil, etc. Now start eating this stuff all day. You can make tasty meals out of these simple ingredients.

4. Take a multivitamin and some omega-3's / fish oil daily.

5. drink a gallon+ water a day.

I would not recommend doing all of these things at once, move into each one.

I have gradually introduced 1-5 into my life over the past 2 years. Since then I have lost around 40 lbs of fat and put on about 10-15 lbs of muscle. At this point it doesn't feel like im on a diet and I'm constantly needing to eat more. I spend 100% of my day feeling very full, mostly because the frequency and low fat content of my meals.

I also have not done any cardio in 6+ months. I started last week in preparation for mx this summer and I found that I've barely lost any stamina from last summer. The weightlifting I do is basically a cardio workout itself. During this non-cardio period I lost about 5 lbs, then put it back on in muscle.

If anyone is interested in getting in better shape, PM me. I promise I can help you...for free! In addition to the guidelines above I have some helpful, free websites.

There isn't really any such thing as a miracle diet, hard work and smart eating is what works at the end of the day.

adam728

Aug 16, 2004
mox69 said:
To be honest, loosing weight isn't that hard in "theory." Instead of spending money on books, programs, etc. follow a few simple rules.
These are easy in theory , but hard in practice!

1. Eat 4-7 meals a day, Including breakfast. As a person who eats about 3000 calories and 5 meals a day. A "meal" can be anything from a banana and milk to a full on turkey dinner. I eat 3 "meals" per day and 2 "snacks" (banana + coffee, pb sandwich + milk, etc). Obviously adjust how many calories are in each meal.

2. Get to the gym and lift some weights! (notice I didn't say do cardio). Lifting weights for 45 mins burns some serious calories. The more muscle on your body, the more calories you can eat!! These bodybuilder guys can consume 5000+ calories in a day.

3. Don't go on a "diet." Change the way you eat food forever. Like seriously go home and throw out all of your snack food and junk crap stuff. Goto the grocery store and buy a bunch of raw meat (turkey!!), whole wheat breads / pasta, eggs, skim milk, cottage cheese, peanut butter, mixed nuts, frozen veggies, grapeseed oil, etc. Now start eating this stuff all day. You can make tasty meals out of these simple ingredients.

4. Take a multivitamin and some omega-3's / fish oil daily.

5. drink a gallon+ water a day.

I would not recommend doing all of these things at once, move into each one.

I have gradually introduced 1-5 into my life over the past 2 years. Since then I have lost around 40 lbs of fat and put on about 10-15 lbs of muscle. At this point it doesn't feel like im on a diet and I'm constantly needing to eat more. I spend 100% of my day feeling very full, mostly because the frequency and low fat content of my meals.

I also have not done any cardio in 6+ months. I started last week in preparation for mx this summer and I found that I've barely lost any stamina from last summer. The weightlifting I do is basically a cardio workout itself. During this non-cardio period I lost about 5 lbs, then put it back on in muscle.

If anyone is interested in getting in better shape, PM me. I promise I can help you...for free! In addition to the guidelines above I have some helpful, free websites.

There isn't really any such thing as a miracle diet, hard work and smart eating is what works at the end of the day.

I'm with this guy 100%, especially the "not dieting" part! I changed my diet drastically, but I think I eat more now than ever before. It's just that instead of putting down a little junk food and hitting 3000 calories a day, I now put down a lot of healthy stuff and average about 2000 calories a day (I try and vary from day-to-day).

I would like to do more lifting. I try and get to the gym once a week. The reason I bicycle so much is because it's more convienient and fun for me. Usually when I goto the gym I combine the two, ride up there (only about 3 miles), lift 30-45 minutes (more if I feel good), then ride hard home. Plus I can get one of my buddy's to mountain bike with me whenever I am visiting the customer up north (once or twice a week). It's much more fun riding and BS'ing with someone than it is going to the gym alone (gf and my work schedules often don't agree, plus she only does spinning when we are there).

Funny how I didn't think I was "that" fat. I'm a pretty muscular guy (it's just a family thing, big arms & chest). I figured if I lost 10 lbs I'd be solid. 15.5 pounds later and I want to drop at least 10 more lbs. There was more blubber there than I thought! :laugh:

Top Bottom