OldassKDX

Nov 9, 2000
Man, I'm starting to feel old, here I am at 21, and noticing that my metabolism isn't there like it used to be. I'm certainly not in bad shape, but am starting to gain weight, just a little bit. The real problem is that I'm also starting to hit the gym kinda hard to put some good muscle on, but its hard to tell what's a result of lifting, and what isn't. Anyone here about that age or remember being that age when you start to bulk up a little? I'm almost 6'2" and about 195, I'd like to drop a little chub, maybe get the tone back....help?

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
haha. wait (weight) til you get 30+, quit smoking and start breaking bones. that puts it on in a big hurry. i figure each broken bone is worth about ten pounds.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
LMAO, MX547. I guess that formula doesn't apply if you still smoke.

Anssi

May 20, 2001
The mirror will tell whether it's fat or muscle.

Eat less, that's the only way to lose weight if you already exercise pretty regularly.

tx246

~SPONSOR~
May 8, 2001
the scale is evil. measure with the tape and look in the mirror. oh yeah, mx547 forgot to mention kids have a way of making you less "fit". especially after halloween and the mandatory candy inspections. i get a 10%fee for inspecting my kids goodies. :thumb:

Last edited:

Anssi

May 20, 2001
Eating more or less I'm referring to the energy content of the food. Obviously if you 5 kgs of lettuce you won't get half the energy(just an example but I assume this is a correct one) you would get from one kg of beef or chocolate.

I would think it is extremely rare that changing the composition of ones meals would significantly change the amount of energy the body consumes.

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
Get a load of this guy! 21! You got nothing to worry about kiddo. Just stay active. Wait until you hit your mid thirties, then you'll have some "chub" to worry about!

Seriously, staying active and watching your diet are the keys to staying lean. NO fast food. I don't care what dietician you talk to, they all tend to have a aversion to fast food in the diet. I started putting on the fat around my waist about three or four years agao, and have had to change my diet and up my excersize. I went from beer and greasy pizzas sitting on the couch to lean beef and vegetabes, situps, the gym and riding MTB. I think it's working, but they say getting rid of blubber is a LOT harder than packing it on.

Good luck!

Pantera

Nov 25, 2001
21???? Turning of a legal age to drink is old to someone that is 14.Just discipline yourself and make another post about this in 20 years from now

Barbarian

Nov 22, 2001
Hey boy! If your getting big now your gonna be so FAT when you get to be my age! (31) Your gonna be so FAT your own MOMMA won't claim you!
Your gonna be so FAT their gonna have to make a new kind of suspension just so you can ride!

Your gonna be so fat....

OldassKDX

Nov 9, 2000
actually, I'm pretty good about eating decently well. I go to the gym now about 3-4 times a week and am finally starting to be able to put some muscle on. For some reason, that never worked for me before, I'd get stronger, and in good shape, but would always be a skinny punk. I think my body is starting to get out of the lanky teenage phase I've been in since I was 16. I just don't want to go the wrong way with it and start packing on fat instead of muscle.

DaveRS575

Sponsoring Member
Aug 15, 2002
I have lost 38Lbs over the last 6 months by modifying my diet, and excercising regularly. I am 36 years old, and am now down to a 36 waist from a 42... Belive me, it was not easy for a guy with a voracious appetite for beer, pizza, scotch and coke, and fast food to do, but what I did was this. Stopped eating a big breakfast with coffee (Caffeine is very bad for dieters), stick to a small glass of fruit juice, some good cereal (NOT Fruity Pebbles or Cap'n crunch) lowfat milk, and maybe an egg if you are really hungry (No more than 2 eggs) Lunch is my big meal, have a sub without mayo, some soup, if you crave hamburgers, give yourself one or two a week, no more, WATER ONLY! Drink as much water during the day as you can, 9-10 glasses or more. If your urine is yellow, you are partially dehydrated. You should always pee mostly clear. Stay away from sodas (even diet soda is bad for you) and juices for the most part are loaded with sugars so....use them sparingly. Take a multi vitamin every day like Centrum. Dinnertime, eat as early as possible, like 6-7pm if you go to bed at 11. Make it a light dinner, like Sushi, or salad with lowfat dressings (oil and vinegar is best) treat yourself to a slice of pizza maybe once or twice a week but not more, and only 1 or 2 slices, not 4 or 5! ;) Keep dinner light. Exercise is tough to get in my schedule, but working on my truck, walking to the local store instead of driving, taking the stairs instead of the elevators, look for opportunity to stress your cardio, and your muscules. Be creative, have fun. Don't fall into the "I have to starve myself to loose weight" you will be miserable, and you won't keep it off. Make it a lifestyle you can enjoy and live with, no need to suffer, but take everything in moderation. I still drink excessively, and punish myself by not eating much of anything when I do. It keeps me honest, and hungry! ;) Oh yeah, one more thing, stop eating whatever you are eating when you feel comfortable, not stuffed. You are not obligated to finish everything on your plte regardless of your membership in the clean plate club of America. Thank Mom / Dad for that club, but stop paying your dues!

Good luck! Eat, Drink, and be merry!

Dave

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Scotch and Coke! Yech!!!!!

Bruce

~SPONSOR~
Nov 12, 1999
How could you call yourself OldAss when you're only 21????? Jeez, I should change my name to FlatAss according to my wife.

Getting fat is fun, getting old less so. Losing fat is a drag... Thank you Suzanne Somers. Only twenty more to lose.

GCooper

Oct 7, 2002
Stop eating before you go to bed, do 60 situps before you lay down to sleep, eat once a day but eat right. Woks great.

You could try the MilkyWay Diet, 2 bars a day and that's it. (Dont advise it)

Top Bottom