ohvrider

Nov 4, 2002
I was on a familiar piece of trail today at much higher speed than usual. Coming up out of a dry creek bottom there was a small gulleywasher to the right. The rut funneled me in and I couldn't see it due to dust until it was too late. This rut led off the trail into trees and a dropoff so no way I could follow it. I hit it somewhere around 40 or 50mph and managed to get the front wheel out. I laid on the throttle and put my weight on the front tire while trying to kick the rear over. I wiped when the rear slid up the rut. Anyone know a save for this situation? Actually it all happened too fast to think. Where I might've gone wrong is trying to get out of the rut too fast.

ohvrider

Nov 4, 2002
I decided a faster bike would have saved me because there would have been no dust and I could've picked my line better!

bluerider125

~SPONSOR~
Feb 23, 2002
Originally posted by ohvrider
I decided a faster bike would have saved me because there would have been no dust and I could've picked my line better!

that's the ticket!! :confused:

actually i have no idea how to get out of "crash ruts" cuz my bike is so SLOW there is no dust and i can pick my lines better... :silly: sounds to me like you tried too hard, and/or leaned over too far and the rear end just washed. well, better than going over the edge, huh? you can always go back there and try it again... :p

Top Bottom