Moose

~SPONSOR~
Sep 16, 2006
hi guys and girls,

i am in the midst of getting ready for the season, a little early i know, but i'm really excited as it'll be my first full season of riding. i have a couple of questions as to which parts will fit my bike.

sprockets/rims, spokes - are these model specific, or will a certain type fit a wide range of bikes?

lower pegs - i'm not so sure if these are available for mx bikes but it's worth a shot. if so, are these universal?

chain - upon looking on the internet, i noticed there are tons of different types (420-130, 420-120, 428-120 etc). which type is most suitable for trail riding, and what is the difference, if any (if anyone wants to explain).

i also have a question regarding getting ready for the season.

what do you all replace/refill?

so far i'm thinking, new sprockets and chain, replacing all fluids, also which stuff should i just take a look through to make sure all is well?

i am completely new to this, so all your opinions and help are greatly appreciated.

thanks,

elliot

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
elliot67 said:
hi guys and girls,

i am in the midst of getting ready for the season, a little early i know, but i'm really excited as it'll be my first full season of riding. i have a couple of questions as to which parts will fit my bike.

sprockets/rims, spokes - are these model specific, or will a certain type fit a wide range of bikes?

Sometimes yes, sometimes no.

elliot67 said:
lower pegs - i'm not so sure if these are available for mx bikes but it's worth a shot. if so, are these universal?

http://www.transworldmotocross.com/mx/product_reviews/article/0,13190,343657,00.html

Not sure if Fastway makes em for the older bikes though.

elliot67 said:
chain - upon looking on the internet, i noticed there are tons of different types (420-130, 420-120, 428-120 etc). which type is most suitable for trail riding, and what is the difference, if any (if anyone wants to explain).

Your bike will use a 520 chain, likely the easiest to get is a 520-120 links and then just cut off the links you don't need.

Top Bottom