minime

Feb 5, 2005
hi iam 34 i have a ttr 125 small wheel i ride my bike at weekends at a place called the desert it would be nice to hear from any more women in the uk who ride mx or enduro iam doing my first enduro in april so wish me luck! i have been riding for about 6 months now but ive been involved with bikes all my life first with my dad and brother now my husband he has a crf250x and competes reguarly in enduros all over the uk i think they should do more enduros for women and children :)

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Welcome to the site :cool:

Be sure and go to your User CP and update information relating to your location, type of riding, etc. As Okiewan said in another thread, we have quite a few folks here from the UK. They will likely pop in and say hi.

Be sure and check out the Women's Forum. There are a great bunck of gals in therre and they are always willing to help.

Again, welcome to the site, and shout if you have any questions!

kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
Welcome to DRN, I really enjoy hearing about new female riders, as it really has changed my life since my wife started to ride. Now she and both of our daughters ride and it really has been wonderful to share it with them. Good luck in the enduro and see you around.

minime

Feb 5, 2005
thanx for the welcome my hubby got me into bikes 2 and our daughter rides aswell i`ll keep u updated on the training for the enduro!

minime

Feb 5, 2005
hi all my bikes going in for its suspension keeps bottoming out my hubby says its all the weight gggrrrrr its a gd job i no the suspension is spongey on ttr`s :fft: had a bad fall so now ive got a nice egg on my knee so much for the training! :bang:

bikepilot

Nov 12, 2004
If you dont already, make sure to get a good set of knee/shin pads to go under your riding pants, make a huge difference and can prevent some serious damage to your knee. If you get serious into racing the TTR you may want to look into swaping on a YZ85 front end, not supposed to be too hard and would ge a big upgrade. Either way, getting the suspension sorted is certainly a top priority. Make sure to get the correct spring rate and then set the sag properly, this will make a big difference on the handleing of the bike. Cool to see women racing, when my sister and I were racing there were often only 4 or 5 women in her class and over 600 guys. If its any encouragement, my sister won the AMA D7 womens championship her first season racing:) Just be persistent and dont give up. Make it a point to finish whenever possible if you are going to be chaseing points.

good luck :)

minime

Feb 5, 2005
hi bikepilot thnx for the info ive just got my longed for crf 230 for my birthday so i`ll be doing my first enduro on that and not the ttr but iam still keeping it iam sure my daughter will appreciate it when she gets a little bigger.
iam having a few probs touching the floor with the crf 230 but looking into getting it lowered any info on that? and getting some knee pads! :worship:

bikepilot

Nov 12, 2004
I have ridden a CRF230 a bit (my best frinds wife rides one and we swaped bikes). Gotta love that e-button and exceptional low end power. I would be leary of lowering the bike's suspension because it will cause it to hang up in ruts. If your enduros are very technical, wet or muddy ground clearance can be an issue. Remember the ruts will be made by 250cc class MX bikes for the most part. I would start by setting the sag properly, then would consider shaving the seat foam down a bit if you need to reach the ground a bit better. If you must, the easy way to lower the suspension a bit is to adjust the spring preload on the back so that it sags more than it should and to raise the forks up in the tripple clamps, this will be good for a maximum of probably 1" (be sure to check that the front wheel does not hit the fender or anything else too much when the forks are fully compresed).

have fun

minime

Feb 5, 2005
hi bike pilot thinking of lowering the seat as in shaving the sponge of tht y what do you think? going on it 2 mo for another try out :yikes:

minime

Feb 5, 2005
hi all tryed my crf 230 again and wahooooooooooooo iam hooked you cant get me off it now! still struggling a bit with the height but ordered a kouba link and waiting for it to arrive iam going good without it so hopefully my performance will be spot on after its fitted :yeehaw:

bikepilot

Nov 12, 2004
Yep shaving the seat foam down works well. I used to do this when I was shorter and riding full size bikes. Of course you will need to remove the seat cover (its stapled on), then I found that some fairly course sand paper works really well for shaving the seat down, much more controllable than a knife.

good luck and enjoy the bike

minime

Feb 5, 2005
hi bikepilot decided on the lowering link instead of shaving the seat just waiting for it to arrive from the us i`ll let you no how i get on once its fitted :)

Top Bottom