gnarly pipe

Jul 30, 2004
i have a 2004 kdx 220 should i get the gnarly woods(tourque) or the desert(rev) i think im sopposed to get the rev for the 220 but im not sure

bcVulcan

Nov 13, 2002
Lot's of oppinions here. I also went with the rev pipe and added the 50t rear sprocket. It's perfect for the stuff I ride.

Aflica

May 23, 2004
i got an 03 220 , and i went with the torque pipe , i love it and still have tons of top end ,and an amazing bottom end on stock gearing.

KDXFreestyle

Damn Yankees
Nov 19, 2002
Go with the Pro Circuit Platinum. it is just like the rev pipe, but wont have any fitting problems. if you go with a rev/ PC pipe... your bike will ride more like a 250 without the hard hit.

KAY DEE EXER

~SPONSOR~
Mar 3, 2003
FMF stands for Fit Mutha F$#@*. I got one that did fit but if yours doesn't a bit of bending never hurt anyone.

skipro3

Mod Ban
Dec 14, 2002
LOL Kay Dee Exer that's good.
My woods pipe fit great on my 220. But from what I hear, it's a crap shoot on the fit. The woods has a slimmer chamber and therefore less likely to get tagged by a rock. Get a pipe guard while your out shopping.

Aflica

May 23, 2004
My FMF fit better than any pipe ive ever had....so if theres a fit prob...its news to me , tho im sure it could happen , like anything else , i also have the FMF power core 2 , it also fit perfectly

Aug 15, 2004
I went with the gnarly pipe and I love it. Fantastic low end bop. Fitment of the chamber was great, however, the PowerCore II silencer did take some garage engineering. I called FMF and moaned a bit. Not so "direct fit" as they claimed. But, all said and done, for the tight and steep woods riding I do, it's neato.

bronco95tgp

Aug 14, 2004
Good price for the woods pipe.

Rocky Mountain ATV sells that gnalry pipe for $155.99 with free shipping, seems to be the lowest price I have found so far in search for a good deal. I just hope it comes with a sticker cause that will triple the hp I hear! If anyone knows of a lower price, lets hear about it, cause the savings will add up for gas no doubt!

I dont know how make this machine let me put in a link without calling it spam, but search for Rocky Mountain ATV and its easy to locate.

bronco95tgp

Aug 14, 2004
JasonWho,

I am located in Huntsvegas!!! My dad and I both have the '04 220 and ride together at least every Sunday, and any other day of the week that HE has time! You can e mail me (the site isnt letting me insert links) at, bronco95tgp, and it is @ comcast followed by a period and the word "net" (I hope that makes sense) And I am sorry for not being able to figure out how to send this directly to you rather than taking up forum space.

1tontj

Mar 19, 2004

I'll sell you my woods pipe for $150 no tax and no shipping then. Brand new!

Or pipe and e-line gaurd for $250 free shipping.

That is definatly cheaper than your Rocky mountain ATV ;)

Phil
And you would be helping a fellow KDXer to get the pipe I want with the money ;)

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…