Nevada Sixx

Jan 14, 2000
do gncc races have beginner level classes anyone can run?

also, i notice on tv that most the pro's use 250 mx bikes instead of kdx and exc's.. does that mean that mx bikes can be good woods bikes for the rest of us?

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
www.gnccracing.com/

MX bikes work in GNCC because of the speeds they achieve, the MX tracks they use, the jumps they make and the fact that although they ride trails they don't get real tight and technical like in an Enduro. As the bikes come through they have a tendency to blow the trails open and make alternate lines where they can carry more speed.

Hogwylde

Aug 1, 2001
Originally posted by Nevada Sixx
do gncc races have beginner level classes anyone can run?

Yes, there are C classes in all displacement and age classes.

Be advised though, If you are rated B or higher in ANY other racing series, you are NOT supposed to be racing in GNCC C classes (per AMA and GNCC rules). I've seen enough sandbagging in the C classes that I've got 2002 points lists of my and surrounding districts and there WILL be protests filed if you are sandbagging in the C class......

~SPONSOR~
Jul 22, 2002
Wahts the matter all they are doing is making you go faster. Are you scared to go any faster? :laugh:

Last edited:

Tom H

Sep 5, 2000
If that was the case, 121, we should all just race the pro class... Never mind that us normal riders would be like a road block for the pro's, even if we were riding fast enough to be plenty scared.

bgdawg

Sep 7, 2000
I have to agree that i hate sandbaggers too! Racen all over the southern usa i find that in th gnccs and some of the harescrambles we have a lot of mmm trophy hounds i guess !!! Jus my 2cents but hey if you are a b rider and beat the c guys what have you done!!!!! haha

ScottYZ250

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 24, 1999
I never have to worry about being accused of sandbagging. Sometimes I get accused of being a nice roadblock though :laugh:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom