Sand_man

Jun 30, 2006
hi everyone. im sorta new to dirtbiking, ive been biking for about a month or 2 now, and im extreamly into it. i love it. and i was wondering what do i do when going off of a jump. i have a place where i ride, and it has a few dirt mounds on it, ive gone off of it before, but i want to know if im doing it right. its not a verry tall jump, when i go off of it its one of those jumps that the front tire is on the jump, and the other is on the ground, not on the jump the same time the front tire is. its not big enough for bolth tires to fit onto at the same time. when i go off of it, i ride fast, giving it gas, then when im about to hit it, i hold in the clutch, and just ride off w/o giving gas. is this right? sometimes i would endo a little bit also. thanks
-Tony

FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005
Yeah, steady throttle all the way up, once in the air, you can let up, but as you touch down, get back on the throttle. Oh, and hold on tight with your knees. Now, do the search.

Sand_man

Jun 30, 2006
thanks guys, i just tried some of the things you've mentiond, when i go off of the jump am i suppost to stop accelerating in the air? because i held the throttle all the way through, and when i landed it almost thhrew me off, haha. thanks guys
-Tony

FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005
I usually just let it spin in the air and hit the gas as I land. Used to be a little scary, you may also be landing and falling back on the throttle, like I used to. Holding with the legs helps with that.

Top Bottom