Going to the Alligator? Run a real enduro first.

Barbarian

Nov 22, 2001
Hey guys! How many of you are going to Daytona for the Alligator and the GNCC? If you can try to swing by Pelion SC on the way down for the SandLapper Enduro on Sunday, March 3rd. The Alligator is great but ours kicks it in the behind. We have around 70 miles of trail this year, 15-20 of it brand new. It's sandy but not as sandy as Daytona, and there are few if any whoops because the trails are all on private land and never used during the year. Plus we are always making new trails and even the old ones are only run once or twice before retirement. If you want to come you can check it out on the SETRA website. www.setra.org

Unknown Ctrl

Jan 24, 2002
Barbarian,

I agree....Columbia Enduro roiders put on a great race.

Question...I am jumping back into enduros this year after a 9 year layoff. The last time I rode your event was when you guys held a National back in say 86/87? You mentioned 70 miles of trails...I hope the last 20 are not going to be like they were that year....about 20 miles of sand whoops through pine trees at 24mph. I was on the same row with Can Am factory rider Johnny Martin that day and was able to hold on to his rear end for about 18 of those 20 miles....wow what a section!

This year I am thinking about driving over Saturday and signing up...have you guys filled up yet? I know there wasa rider limit.

Barbarian

Nov 22, 2001
Hey unknown. I hope I didn't come off a little to arrogant for some people. The Alligator is a great race too but ours is good for people to hit on their way down to Daytona. We definitely aren't filled up yet. As far as sand-whoops, there will be some if you get a late row, but because all of our trail is new or barely used it will be much better than most sand enduro's from that standpoint. You definately want to check the Setra book for directions though. We have run it out of some different locations through the years and I'm sure it's changed from 86/87.

Top Bottom