Lissa

"Am I lost again?"
Apr 28, 2002
Come March 4th my boyfriend and I will be making our pilgrimage down south to Pelion, SC for the SETRA Sandlapper Enduro. From there we'll be makin' tracks down to Daytona for the FTR Alligator Enduro. We'll also be doing some dual sportin' and a riding trip out to Big Scrub. We've done this little trip before so I'm really looking forward to all of the sunshine (it better not rain!) and BBQ! The only thing that sucks about the Bike Week trip this year is how it starts a week later then usual. It throws the timing off for the start of the ECEA Enduro series up here. We'll be missing the season opening race because we'll be driving home that Sunday. How lame! Well the good news with that is at least it isn't my favorite race and there'll be 18 other enduros to do besides that one. I gotta laugh though, I'll be soo cramped up after the Sandlapper and Alligator. We haven't gotten much riding in since the last big snow storm. Just small rides getting trail laid out for our enduro up here. Is anyone else migrating south for a pre-season warm-up? It would be kinda cool to hook-up with some other DRNers and go ride out at Big Scrub!

:ride: :)

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Yep

3 of us from the Michigan Trailriders Group are headed down, row 27 I think for the SL. We'll be camping at the start area in a 28 ft Chateau Sport Class C with a white enclosed trailer. All of us on KTM's. Team PTP Racing. See ya there. We're not going to Fla afterward, we'll be pulling out after the SL Sunday night, March 6th.

Lissa

"Am I lost again?"
Apr 28, 2002
Michigan, boy that is one heck of a long haul to SC. We'll be camping at the start as well. I'd of thought that more DRNer's would be going, I'm surprised.

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
yeah

It's a road trip, we have a good time though. I just got the bike ready tonight. Bling! Bling!

Attachments

• SLaper.jpg
    SLaper.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 90

Lissa

"Am I lost again?"
Apr 28, 2002
Mine is nothing more then a frame sitting on a bike stand awaiting reassembly. I did a complete top to bottom rebuild of my bike; motor, suspension, linkage, pastics, etc. This will be my bikes last season before it's retired to the back of the garage so I figured I'd give it a real good going over. Tonight and tommorow I'll complete the work so I can break him' in on Sunday. The only problem now is we just got a layer of that white stuff on the ground. Not exactly what you wanna ride in while breakin' in a fresh motor. I guess I'll be studdin' up a set of tires to break my scoot in with.

SCHLAVA

Jan 12, 2001
Lissa,

We've got about 15 DER guys heading down and I know Eric C. and a bunch of other VFTR guys are heading down for sandlapper. We're all meeting at the fire house around 8:15 to sign up in the back if you guys want to join us. It's alwasy alot of fun. We're then golfing on monday in columbian then coming home for Curly fern. That is if they have it!

Mark

Lissa

"Am I lost again?"
Apr 28, 2002
Cool!
Rob and I pre-entered more then a month ago so I'm still not sure what number we'll be on. After this last round of snow (again!) I'm super hyped to get going on our road trip! I'm actually more excited about all of the dual sportin' and BBQ I'll get to eat then the racing (sandlapper 'n the gator)! We were thinking about hurrying up and rushing back for Curly Fern, but after I heard what the course will be like (blah!) we decided to take our time and enjoy the trip back. We usually skip one race a year, Curly will be it this year. Thats cool that the ECEA will be making a big presence down there! I'm gonna be sooo rusty (not alot of saddle time in the past month or more) :ohmy: .
I'm ready to hit the highway! see 'ya down there! :aj: :yeehaw: :ride: :)

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
LIssa,

Let us know if you find out the row you and Rob will be on. I will be with FredT on 27.

I think all of us from the north will be rusty and the riders from the southeast will be in mid season form. I am looking forward to warm weather and riding my bike again.

Mike

Lissa

"Am I lost again?"
Apr 28, 2002
Hey fatherandson, how did you find out what number you are on? I haven't seen a confirmation mailing yet and I checked the web and couldn't find any listing either.

SCHLAVA

Jan 12, 2001
We didn't preenter but I rode sumter a couple weeks ago and have been on the bike every weekend since. Still trying to figure out how to ride a two stroke again. I think this is setra's 10th or so enduro. These boys are in racin shape and I'm no where near riding shape!

Mark

Lissa

"Am I lost again?"
Apr 28, 2002
Thanks for the link, guys! I hear 'ya Mark. I haven't even been that lucky, I'm ready to have my 'can' really handed to me! My bike may run after the 'all nighters' I pulled this past weekend but I haven't even gotten a chance to ride it or break it in (I did a bottom and a top end). I'm not sure what to expect from it, but I have to at least buzz it down the block to make sure its all in order before loading up for SC. See 'ya guys down there and if I'm dying on the trail be nice and don't run me over! ;)

Lissa

"Am I lost again?"
Apr 28, 2002
Hey Mark! I was talking to Rob last night about the DER raid on the Sandlapper. Rob told me you broke your leg real bad MXing before the start of last years enduro season. Holy cr@p! :yikes: You have been a while without riding then!? Must feel good to be back riding. :ride:

SCHLAVA

Jan 12, 2001
Yeah it was a fluke break down at easton mx on july 4th...first lap out...hit their big table top in the back of the int. track and when i landed my leg snapped. Didn't crash or anything. Took me to the local hospital to get drugged up then made it home for surgery. I broke my tibia,fibia and shattered my ankle. I now have 2 plates and 15 screws bolting it all together!!! Then it turns out I was sick before hand and had to have radiation treatments to have my thyroid removed. Between that and the surgery I went from about 205lbs to 145lbs! I was a hurting pup. But all is well now I'm fat and happy again and hopefully the leg holds up! See you guys down there

Mark

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Looks like it will be 2 of us now, one can't make it. On a positive note the weather prediction has improved for Sunday. Rain on Sat and sunny on sunday - perfect!

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Our group is back to three again...last minute addition.

We are ready to leave the snow and cold weather of MI - TONGIHT!!!!

Last year we drove into South Carolina and found snow on the ground. I do not expect the same weather this year.

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Lissa, what happened to you? We never saw you there.

We had a great time there except for the part where stuff was stolen from our bikes, but the enduro was fun.

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
I saw a few guys from Delaware on Sunday morning and one as he rode through the gas area.

We drove over 1,800 miles for an excellent event (except for the stolen parts). We are already planning a return trip in 2006.

Did everybody get a copy of the results? Edmundson won with a 13 and Bobbitt was second with 16 points dropped. I dropped more than that in the last section.

Top Bottom