canuck8

May 4, 2008
After a great deal of searching I have found a 2001 KDX 220R that is all stock with the exception of an FMF silencer.......bike has about 15 hours on it and looks like new......price is $2850 and there is no room for movement.......getting back into riding after 2o years off.......just wondering if this is an ok deal ......problem is I have had a real hard time finding a KDX in decent shape......all opinions welcome..........and thank you for the help..........Brian

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
That seems steep for a 2001, even with that few hours. At 15 hours the original tires should still look new. I would be very skeptical of the stated usage.

canuck8

May 4, 2008
Thanks for the input guys........story was that the gentleman was injured, could no longer ride and was hoping his son would ride it but has shown no interest.......bike appears to be like new with not a scratch on it......very minimal wear on the rear tire......I see some in Craigslist for alot less with lots of mods........but extensive usage.......with limited time for maintenance I am wondering whether the money was better spent up front rather than replacing worn parts regularly?.........

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
stumanarama said:
Is that canadian dollars or american?

_JOE_ said:
Does it really make a difference?

Currently the dollar doesn't make a difference, however what does make a difference is the market value of the equipment. New bikes cost significantly more here and the used market reflects those differences to a certain extent.

That price does sound a tad steep for that bike even for Canadian standards, however there is not a lot of used KDX's for sale so the market for a mint one might be high.

Limiting yourself to only one possible bike makes it tough, is there a reason you are set on a KDX?

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom