mg89

Mar 11, 2006
Ever since my accident in the beginning of August, I was wondering what kind of protective gear I should wear because I don't want the same thing to happen twice. So my question is what good chest/body protectors should I get? and no I don't mean just a roost deflector but something that will give me more protection when I fall. Also, what kind of protection do I need to prevent collarbone damage?

jim f.

Mi. Trail Riders
Jul 2, 2005
My 2 cents is that a neck roll is one of your best protection items you can have next to good boots and helmet, It would be your best for preventing neck and collarbone injuries.

sidewayz

Sep 6, 2006
im jw but what happened that makes u want to get gear so bad i mean ive seen some pretty bad wrecks and been in a few myself and everybody who ride with stops wearing a chest protector after like a broken collar bone they say its uncomfortable.... but if ur set on gettin one id go with the thor sentinal

patto3

Apr 8, 2006
armour

I have the full defence body armour (the one with the built in back protector, kidney belt etc.) and it has very good protection because I don't even get grazes at all, although it is very hot. I have broken my collar bone before and it doesn't even touch it. I don't think there is alot of protection to help from braking collar bones, but a neck protector could help.

RMZRyder

Dec 1, 2006
Most collar bones are broken by your helmet pushing down into it during your wreck. A neck roll would be excelent advice. Dont ever listen to anyone who says not to wear protection.

02yz426f

Nov 15, 2006
that EVS ballistic jersey may cost $100, but it will definately save you elbows, chest, back, and kidneys. It is kinda hot to wear, but I can take minor discomfort to ward off broken bones and bruised kidneys

Matt 193

Dec 22, 2006
almost and chest protecter make sure there is a backplate and i use bicept gaurds i also use elbow gaurds i really like them if you race trails for singletrack

Top Bottom