AinChains

Oct 3, 2005
What is a good price for a 06 KX 250? I am thinking about trading my 05 KDX 220 in and I do not want to get worked by the dealer. Any and all help appreciated.

JST122

Dec 29, 2005
If you can walk away 5900 OTD or below you did well. That would be 99 under MSRP. Typically if you can get a new bike for MSRP OTD or below you did well.

oldfrt613

Feeble Sponsoring Member
Jun 29, 2005
You may want to try to find a new '05. You should be able to get one for under 5k. An '06 will probably run 5,300-5,500 ( for a "good" deal ). Now here is the catch - if you are going to need your local dealers support, buy it from him - yeh it might cost a little more, but just fugure your buying the support too. If your self suficcient, then by all means go shopping ! I know guys who buy out of state and save the sales too. I like having a local shop, so I support them even though I know it costs me a little more.

john3_16

May 17, 2004
Try some Canadian dealerships and see if they'll ship it to you in the crate....You may be able to have an advantage with the exchange rate and avoid bogus set up charges and taxes.

In Jan of 03' I bought my 03' CR250 from a dealership in Canada..At that time the MSRP for the bike was $5,899 plus tax/setup here in the States...I emailed several Canadian dealerships to see what the best price I could get... The best price was $4200 OTD plus $280 shipping so I bought it...Came shipped right in the crate straight from the factory never sitting on the dealers floor. At that time brand new KX250's were going for under $4,000.

The dollar has slipped a bit since then but you may be able to save on the taxes anyway.

Top Bottom