Good riding location - mid/late march

sspmxc400

Aug 30, 2001
I am looking for suggestions on a good riding location come mid/late march. A few of us are considering traveling south from Chicago/central Illinois to spend about 3-4 days riding where the weather and conditions will be pretty good come mid/late march. Illinois that time of year os usually a mud bath.

We are more concerned about trail conditions than temp. Does anybody have any suggestions? We expect to drive about 5-6 hours leaving us in (KY, TN, MO, etc...) - but we are open to any of your recommendations. We are willing to camp or find simple/cheap lodging as well.

I have heard Land between the Lakes is nice - but don't know much about it.

Thanks for any suggestions!

mp4798

Aug 10, 2001
march riding

sounds like ur looking for the hatfield mccoy trail system in west virginia. log on www.trailsheaven.com for info. let me know if u have any specific questions.
oh yeah=there is a campsite with showers at the "bear wallow" trailhead.
see ya
mp

michigan

Mar 9, 2001
We hit Land Between the Lakes at Easter last year. The weather was awesome... 80's every day and one day over 90! The place we rode was called "Turkey Bay", and it was small, but decent. We stayed there for a couple days, then drove to the other side of the state to try some trail in the Daniel Boone National Forest. I can't remember the name of the trailhead, but the first mile was the most awesome singletrack I've ever seen. The area was just gorgeous. Once we got to the top of this ridge, the trail opened up and we were able to see some beautiful countryside. If you're interested, I can get more details from home.

jrccc20967

Mar 30, 2000
There is a group of 3 heading to London Ky.on 3/7. We will ride the 8th and 9th then head back to Michigan on the 10th. We had a group that went there 2 or 3 years ago and had a good time.This time we all have newer bikes.We are hoping for good weather.

deagle

May 21, 2001
The main trail will be 20 miles of awesome singletrack. There will be a 4 mile novice loop and a kids loop as well. Trees, hills, great soil, woods riding like it should be. We have an excellent trail boss working with one of the best riding areas in the US. We have a lot of virgin track that we are working hard on as we speak. I know this sounds like a promotional sell but anyone who has been there, and anyone who is affilliated with the organizations involved, knows this is the type of area that woods and trail riders look for. If you want 3rd or 4th gear doubles or triples then you'll be out of luck. If you want 20 miles of 1st, 2nd, and 3rd gear stuff that makes you want to quit after your first loop but makes you want to kill to get on your next loop, then this is the place for you. I referenced a couple websites earlier but here they are again. Do a search here for MTDR or Loretta Lynn's and you will find more info.
http://www.mtdr.net
http://vstarider.com

motormichael

~SPONSOR~
Sep 26, 2001
London,Ky. in March

sspmxc400 should probably hook up with you guys too. There would be 8 to 10 riders by the time you guys get to INDY. I am 4hrs. from London,Ky.

Top Bottom