HAYSHAKER170

Nov 17, 2005
Where is a good place to buy jets? My bike is running rich at 182 main. I want to buy all the different jet sizes from 172 to 180. I want to experiment to see which works best. What about the JD jetting kit? Anyone use that?

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
Any bike shop should have them. You'll spend as much on shipping as the price of a couple jets.

adam728

Aug 16, 2004
For just main jets, go to the dealer. Most have a decent selection, and you don't waste money shipping.

If you are getting into things like different needles and slides, then look online. Sudco comes up very often as a good place to get parts.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
My experience with the JD Jetting kits is that they work really well.

rmc_olderthandirt

~SPONSOR~
Apr 18, 2006
I haven't personally used JD jetting because they don't sell a kit for my bike ('97 WR250). But when I emailed them for additional information they were very helpful! They gave me suggestions for the needle and main jet. I was really skeptical because of how far off from the stock configuration they were suggesting so it took me three different orders (so far, and I need one more) to get to where they suggested.

Guess what? They were right on! If they had had the kit for my bike at $75 I would have been money ahead instead of paying for shipping on the three orders I have done so far.

Rod

bigjohns97

Feb 23, 2009
I recently purchased a 07 kx 250 and had never jetted a bike before. However i knew mine needed it as i was fouling a plug about every 2 tanks, I saw the rave reviews the jd jet kits were getting and ordered one.

Since i had never jetted a bike before i didn't want to spend a lot of time checking plugs and disassembling and reassembling the carb so i sent an e-mail to James Dean and he replied back after a couple of days with what he though i should be running.

Well lemme tell you he was spot on and I was able to get a perfect mocha tan plug on the first try. It really was an amazing experience and my bike has never ran this good and it is much easier to drive in any conditions. Much smoother power curve and I am able to control the power much better now.

Best thing i have ordered for my bike yet.

Top Bottom