Goodbye KDXers

moridin

~SPONSOR~
Dec 30, 2003
Well - it had to happen.

I found a great deal on a new KTM 200 and had to get it. The wife is keeping count - and at three she drew the line :( .

Found a great home for the KDX. The fella buying it will probably make several stops here as he has been doing lots of research on KDX's. He had been looking for one with an autoclutch - so this owrked out very well.

Keep those bikes running fellas.

Sean

KDXMAC

Sep 13, 2004
Kdx V Ktm

Man you have picked a sweet bike, I tell ya I love my KDX but given the $$$$$ I would get KTM200, im not bias with brands im happy to go with what ever brand as long as the bike suits me.

Happy riding.....................and remember ride hard or ride home...hahah :cool:

trailryder

Oct 1, 2004
I use to own a tricked out 96 KDX and stepped up to a 99 KTM 200 exc with WER suspension. I gotta tell ya .. I was not any faster on the ktm. I'm more a trail rider than a HS/ enduro racer. That little KTM can be non forgiving and a handfull 80 miles into a ride.Light years ahead in the tech department I will amit, but unless you have a BIG well stocked KTM dealer next door plan on missing some riding days waiting for parts. I'm about to purchase a dirt bike again real soon...While a wicked ktm 200 makes me drool.....the real world for me is buying a kdx. So all you kdx owners out there with lust in your eye...the grass isn't always greener on the other side on the fence IMHO.... happy trails Joey

rethnal

~SPONSOR~
Jul 14, 2002
I sold my KTM 250EXC to buy a KDX. So I am opposite of what the norm is. The reason I did it? The KTM is more than a handful. A slight crack of the throttle will send you places you didn't mean to go. Very touchy in the woods but a fantastic bike! I was going to add a extra head gasket to try to tame it down a notch but the I got to thinking.... Why tone down a fantastic bike when I could sell it... and buy a KDX and bring it up to where it needed to be for me? So... that's what I did. I had more than enough money after selling it to do the mods I wanted to do. Unless you are a hard core HS rider, I suggest stick with the KDX, It is much more forgiving than the KTM I am very very happy with my decision... besides..... The seat on that KTM was hard as a rock! :laugh:

Moteaux

Professional Mud Tester
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 30, 2001
trailryder said:
... but unless you have a BIG well stocked KTM dealer next door plan on missing some riding days waiting for parts
This is a major part of the equation for people. And one that most don't think about too much when buying a bike. My "local" KTM dealer is 50 miles away in Baton Rouge and the Kawasaki dealer is only 8 miles away. My KTM dealer isn't "BIG", as a matter of fact, unless you know where you are going, you would probably drive right by. My Kawasaki dealer is huge, you can't miss that place. Anyone wanna guess which one always has parts in stock. The tiny little KTM dealer. Yes it's a drive to get there, or they will mail it to me and I have it the next day. Order from the local Kawi dealer and it will probably be two weeks :( . But on the other side is now that I am on a KTM, I have to order very few OEM parts :yeehaw: .

I don't bag on Kawasaki's or any bike for that matter. I have ridden KDXs and KXs and been very happy with both. The KTM comes pretty much ready to ride/race. Just add handguards!

Congrats on your new ride :cool:

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…