Gorr mid/top ported CR500AF in Glamis.

Firebalsocal

Jul 20, 2003
Eric, I had the bike in Glamis yesterday and can tell you now with all certainty that there is no apparent lack of power. :aj:
watermark.php

I had called Eric after putting the bike on a Dyno and getting back 46.3 peak horsepower. Eric had assured me that chassis dyno's are notoriously bad at measuring power on a bike with a knobbie tire if they could provide the proper measurement at all. I was worried about problems with the bike if I rode it but not any more. The bike ran flawlessly and performed extremely well. I didn't get the chance to race anyone up the hills or at the drags but that ought to change by next trip. :thumb: The fact that everyone thinks it's a CR250R only makes things better. I guess the factory CR250R sticker kit helps. :laugh:

Thanks for the help over the phone Eric.

Firebalsocal

Jul 20, 2003
http://www.glamisdunes.com/photopost/watermark.php?file=506/405af_low_res_2.jpg

Here you go RCannon. I had Service Honda leave the stock 250 stickers on special so as to have a very nice sleeper bike. So far, no one had any clue it was a 500 till I told them. :debil:

Does this board allow pictures to be posted or only links?

Rcannon

~SPONSOR~
Nov 17, 2001
This made me laugh. I had an XS 1100 Yamaha when I was 17. The bike was fast in its day. I was riding and pulled up alongside this fulldress goldwing. I figured I would take it easy on him. I dropped down a gear and hit the gas.

This goldwing, with two on it, went past me so fast I could not believe it. He was flying!

We stopped a few minutes later. The Goldwing had a supercharger and nitros.

I learned a great lesson that day!

Eric Gorr

Engine Builder
Jun 29, 1999
Thanks Firebalsocal!
To get the best results from a chassis dyno a 17in supermoto wheel with a rain slick would probably get you the best result. Another trick is to richen the jetting a bit because the dyno puts a much greater load on the engine.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom