Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
I am trying to get my ducks in a row. Because the start is 3 miles from Sundays staging I can't get my kids bikes to the start, it looks like I need to get 2-3 bikes hauled over so if anyone has any slots open in a truck or trailer let me know. I only have my moterhome and trailer, and it won't make it through that muddy cornfield where they start Saturday. Mike Maurer was working on it too but just trying to see what options we have.
fthompson1@chartermi.net

Grayhair

Feb 8, 2008
Fred, I am sure someone can haul them over from sign-up. I will be going over to run a couple of checks in my pick-up. You might even be able to park on the gravel road by the gravel pit.

We had about an inch of rain last Thursday/Friday. We finished taking mileage Sunday and the last corn field was dusty riding back into the start. We eliminated several sections and rerouted others. Our biggest route changes were from crops still in the fields. Our farmers are not like Uplands where they can pay for damaged crops.

The trail was great tonight, can't believe the difference a day of "Sun" makes.

My son and rode with you at the Busted Knuckle for reference.

The route sheets will not be posted before race day, sorry. I want to be sure there are no changes when we ride the entire route Friday.

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Thanks Jim.

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
tdunn976 said:
Fred,
What's key time for FES?
I plan to be there early Sat. and could set my bikes out and haul your over.

Key time is noon, I plan to help Mike with a check too.

ws6transam

Nov 17, 2005
Goshen would be neat, except for the fact that I've still got a sore right leg from all that kick starting last weekend, and plus my kids would be very upset if they missed Halloween. Mostly though, my wife isn't used to me doing things without her. She feels left out, even though she wants to have no part of it.

UP Magoo

Apr 4, 2002
What a shame... had to use THREE excuses...

Goshen would be neat, except for the fact that (1) I've still got a sore right leg from all that kick starting last weekend, and (2) my kids would be very upset if they missed Halloween. Mostly though, (3) my wife isn't used to me doing things without her. She feels left out, even though she wants to have no part of it.
A REAL enthusiast only uses one excuse at a time in order to get out of a situation.... gotta spread 'em out so you don't use 'em up too fast!

Wolverine423

~SPONSOR~
Oct 2, 2005
UP Magoo said:
What a shame... had to use THREE excuses...

A REAL enthusiast only uses one excuse at a time in order to get out of a situation.... gotta spread 'em out so you don't use 'em up too fast!
:nod:

Don Marsh

~SPONSOR~
Jun 5, 2001
"A REAL enthusiast" says screw it I AM RIDEING! :ride: :)

KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
ws6transam said:
Mostly though, my wife isn't used to me doing things without her. She feels left out, even though she wants to have no part of it.

Clearly, the need is not for a wood riding technique clinic...the need is for a Wife Training Clinic. She'll either get used to it, or you will be living in the garage. My garage is pretty comfy... ;) :p

bruno670

Sep 13, 2006
ws6transam said:
Goshen would be neat, except for the fact that I've still got a sore right leg from all that kick starting last weekend, and plus my kids would be very upset if they missed Halloween. Mostly though, my wife isn't used to me doing things without her. She feels left out, even though she wants to have no part of it.
It took my wife 18 years of marriage to finally get on a bike. Now I can't ride without her. Buy her a starter bike and she will come over to the good side.

ws6transam

Nov 17, 2005
bruno670 said:
It took my wife 18 years of marriage to finally get on a bike. Now I can't ride without her. Buy her a starter bike and she will come over to the good side.

CRF80 is in the works for next spring. Trust me, I'm working on it!

KTM Mike said:
Clearly, the need is not for a wood riding technique clinic...the need is for a Wife Training Clinic. She'll either get used to it, or you will be living in the garage. My garage is pretty comfy...

I hear you there!! I've already got a couch in the upstairs of the garage, though so I won't have to commute so far...

FlyinRyan

~SPONSOR~
Mar 19, 2001
The Turkey Gobbler Family enduro is canceled. I just got word from the club that they are getting to much rain for the family enduro to happen.

Sunday is still on regardless of the weather but they may shorten the course a little depending on how the rest of the day goes.

iroc8210

Jun 26, 2006
Whew...now I don't have to take sh*t from Bruno & Don and feel guilty about missing it and going to the Right Brain Brewery halloween party :yeehaw:

Top Bottom