Got a problem...

Dec 6, 2007
just ordered a **** load of parts, i bought my bike for $400 and was told it needed a new piston. ordered a vertex kit and when it get in there the old one's pretty bad, i mean missing an entire side of the piston. i can see piesces of the piston down in the crank, my question is, HOW CAN I TELL IF THE BOTOM END IS TRAHSED?? I realy dont want to rebuild the bottom end, plus dont have the cash :bang:

tcuda499

~SPONSOR~
Dec 2, 2007
sorry, but any debris that gets down in the crankase will probaly cause damage if not properly cleaned and checked out. Probaly have to split the cases.

Dec 6, 2007
so how hard is it to crack the two cases and not screw anything up? it would be my first time ever doing this...

Rotorranch

Feb 10, 2007
mustang_marine said:
so how hard is it to crack the two cases and not screw anything up? it would be my first time ever doing this...

As long as you have a manual for the bike, it won't be a big problem. Without a manual, it's a BIG problem.

Get the book, read it, and go have fun working on your bike! :nod:

Rotor

Dec 6, 2007
yeah, a manual was one of the many things i ordered fortunately... so probably gonna tear into it tommorrow. :|

jason33

Oct 21, 2006
it will be difficult first time-, take your time-you need to have some skills or someone to watch do it-
or theres a bunch down the drain

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…