Got my 88 200 running finally.

Maddog355

Mar 29, 2009
Well I finally got to ride my KDX in the driveway. I must admit I was suprised :cool: . I was expecting a watered down, Nice and friendly woods bike. The power was much better than I expected :nod: . It had a nice hit to it that actually cought me by suprise the first time.

I am shure my timing could be advanced a little more but the bike starts great so I will leave it alone.

The bike has a FMF fatty pipe and DG silencer.

My question is about the carb: It has a keihin flatslide carb that sports a sticker saying (For motorcycle racing use only) and the idle adjustment and choke is on the airbox side, meaning you have to remove the airbox to adjust the idle, And the pipe burns you when you take it off choke. Anyone know if this is the stock carb?

glad2ride

Jul 4, 2005
It is not the stock carb. The stock carb has a lever that goes over to the right side. The idle screw is on the right side, as well as the air screw. The 1988 KDX200 carb is unique in that way. A standard Keihin PWK35 has the idle, air screw and choke on the left side. Look on the Kawasaki site for the parts diagrams. You can see the difference. Look at 1988, then 1989 (or newer).

Congratulations on getting it going. Hopefully, you can get the air screw set close and live with the oddball nature.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom