pyromaniac

Jun 25, 2000
I got and installed my race tech gold valves today but it didnt contain any 11mm shims which is used in almost any settings. So i just ran without it. The forks are much softer now as i wanted. I just have to wait to go to the track and see how it works and hopefully doesnt bottom. So far so good.

Its real nice on my twin chamber forks, i only have to unbolt the handlebar and screw/pull out the cap on the top of the fork to get the valving out to change the shims.

kevin5758

Sponsoring Member
Mar 15, 2003
You might be loosing alittle oil each time you remove the forks compression assembly. (leaving it on the bike) This would effect your oil ht.

pyromaniac

Jun 25, 2000
That would be very little and its just to add a cap of oil. My setting without the 11mm shims is something between cH1 and cH2. Its pretty soft but it could be even softer. The spring shouldnt do much to the stiffness of the bike but i have 4.2 and spring generator recommends me 3.8. How much sag should i have in the forks? I think its about 6-7cm race sag now.

Robcolo

Jan 28, 2002
The spring has a WHOLE lot to do with the stiffness. I went from a .365 to a .38 and it's a totally different bike [way too stiff] A .42 is much stiffer than a .38. Race Tech has figured the rebound numbers on the .38 spring they recommended, so if you hav in there the .42, the rebound will be way too soft.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom