got this 94 kdx but need help with mods

michaelphay

Apr 30, 2009
hello i trade a 500 dollar truck this 94 kdx 200 with 2400 miles on it so i was kinda worried about power with it cuz a 125 is to small abd a 250 is what i have owned in the past so my question is can this 94 kdx 200 swap out with a kx 250 head

digifox

May 25, 2006
You could go with After market pipe, Better jetting, Better Carb, Bore it out .30 over
Change the Sprockets, etc.

In the long run buying a KDX250 and throwing a lowering link on it is MUCH CHEAPER

michaelphay

Apr 30, 2009
i got this bike cuz one it has a light and i can go riding with my dad at night and it was a steal you know it has after market reeds fmf full exhaust ..........and has inverted forks and if im right the inverted forks didnt come till after 95 so one up for me im ok with the power i havent hade it wide open i was just woundering if the kx 250 head would fit so it would be a nice cheap swap

julien_d

Oct 28, 2008
USD forks were only available on the 93 and 94 model. Unless that 94 is a rag, you should be pleasantly surprised by the amount of kick the 200 engine has. KX engine parts are generally do not interchange. You can have porting work done on your cylinder though if you want more top end from it.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom