muddertrucker

Aug 24, 2006
I'm thinking of doing the kx fork mod. Will the stock odometer for my 01 220 fit the kx wheel? If not, it means i'll have to go digital to know how slow i'm going. What features should I look for? Trail tech seems to have nice products, but are there others worth looking at. I'm also looking at different gps systems to mount on so I dont get lost. Any ideas on what to look for and what to avoid. I saw some pics of a neat looking gps mount a while back but can't find it anymore. I know I seem to have no clue but I'm just looking for advise from riders who use these kind of things

KDX200Kev

Sep 22, 2003
I mounted this GPS unit on my dirt bikes with a bicycle handlebar mount. Works real good and I can switch between my RMX and KDX easily. It not only tells me how to get home but my speed, max speed, average speed, distance, route etc.

GPS002.jpg

muddertrucker

Aug 24, 2006
Thats one of the models I was interested in. It does'nt seem to need any hardwear to mount to the bars. I do have three questions for you though. Does the smaller screen make it harder to read while riding? How accurate is the current speed function? Could it replace one of those digital speedometers/odometer

KDX200Kev

Sep 22, 2003
Does the smaller screen make it harder to read while riding? Its the same or better than reading the OEM odometer.

How accurate is the current speed function? My understanding is GPS's are accurate, but I have not done a comparision.

Could it replace one of those digital speedometers/odometer? Absolutely, thats why I use it.

Perk

~SPONSOR~
Sep 17, 2001
What unit is pictured on the RMX? I'm looking for one that will store lap times, and display those previous lap times to perhaps view while running my current lap to kind of race against myself on my trails.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom