Dirtzilla

May 2, 2005
I was planning on taking my 6 year-old son to his first CCC event, which is July 9/10 at Leetsville. I have never seen the trails there but am now very concerned after ATTEMPTING Grand Traverse #1 with him.

We started GT #1 at Brownbridge/Knight rd trailhead and he dropped his KTM 50 in the sand about 5 times in 10 minutes and gave up in frustration.

My question is - Is Leetsville this sandy? I hate to set him up for another dissapointing trail run.

Thanks,
-Lon

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
Leetsville is pretty sandy a few miles either way from the trail head. However, if you can get up on the north end of the loop (about half way around) there is some wonderful hardpack/hardwoods type trail. :nod:

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
Leetsville is sandy, along with some whoops and a few sandy hill climbs. They will have a short and easy 50cc loop there, which will probably be mostly grass. If your kid has not gone through the safety training, this weekend would be great and convenient time to do it.

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
I am pretty sure that the CCC will not be staging at the trail head. You should be able to avoid some of the major sandy areas.

Top Bottom