Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
mx547 said:
cool looking bike but what the heck is that big "u" shaped thing on the handlebars?

One more thing Grant can blame his poor performance on?????? ;)

JST122

Dec 29, 2005
FruDaddy said:
Bad year on big KTM's that weren't track ready (apparently Jeremy was on them the year before)

Jeremy was riding the SX 250 in the off season because he had just signed with KTM and he had only done SX testing on the bike when he crashed on the test track and dislocated his hip, helping him to make his decision to retire. He actually never raced the bike as he announced his retirement at a Press Conference before A1. Really all he did on a KTM was do his farewell tour opening ceremonies lap at each event.

While I feel it is time for him to move up I dont disagree with Langston's decision to ride for Pro Circuit. He was pretty much out of a ride and most teams had lost confidence in him in the premier class so when he was offered a ride from Mitch Payton to race the 125 class he took it and I cant say I blame him. It gave him a chance to stay on the Factory Payroll and Factory Equipment and gave him the opportunity to jumpstart his confidence and career. Now he will have more options available to him in the Premier class. If he wins the west coast he will have every major 125 title out there and will therefore have nothing left to accomplish in the class and if he were ever to go back at that point I think then you could give him crap but at this point he has made good decisions and done what most intelligent riders in his position and with his options and desire to race would have done.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Sandjunky said:
Read the article in TWMX. There is more than one viewpoint on this matter and I think GL has the most important one... his.
so, anyone who says they aren't a sandbagger isn't a sandbagger?

That settles it, I'm going to race the pee wee class!

dante

Mar 24, 2004
I heard some chatter that Mitch Payton and Pro Circut are going to expand the team to enclude 450's as well as lites, and Grant will move on up on the New Team...

Or he might sign with Carabella and team boss Rich Rohrich :cool:

TheGrinch

Nov 26, 2000
I think if you are better at riding a 125 than you are a 250 then stick with it. Those guys are all out to win & if you can't win riding the big bikes then it makes sense to stick in the class you are more likely to obtain good results in. It's a job for these guys (with a limited working life), so you've got to do what will be best for you.

Besides, there will always be some hot new young gun who will come up through the ranks.

john3_16

May 17, 2004
Yeah, I'd like to see Langston riding the bigger bikes but it is Professional racing..A pro is a pro no matter how much experience they have....

SADude

Jul 8, 2004
I haven't read this whole thread, but what I have read makes me wonder a little ....... I know a guy here in South Africa that races in our enduro circuit, he is one of the top guys in the country and he prefers to ride a 125 over a 250 or open class bike. He is good on all of them but on a 125 he is a giant slayer (the bike just suites his aggressive style), he will consistently be in the top 5 overall. He won the 125 class last year and finished 2nd overall against the so called higher profiled class.

I can't remember which supercross it was but I remember looking at the lap times and the only guys that were running quicker lap times than GL that night were RC and Bubba and they were on bigger machines. Maybe that says something, I don't know. But GL is a fellow South African and I will support him 100%, just like you guys will support American rides before you support anyone else.

On the other hand I like RC and Windham as well, but then there are no SA boys riding against them. The other guys I like is Everts and Tyla Rattray (SA boy), Ryan Hughes, Nick Wey and Ben Townley.

Let the best man win, I wouldn't want it any other way.

SADude

Jul 8, 2004
By the way why don't we all go race Pee Wee's, it will be like racing pitbikes. Just slower, so when we fall off we won't get hurt!!!!

Red Mamba

Feb 5, 2006
SADude said:
I haven't read this whole thread, but what I have read makes me wonder a little ....... I know a guy here in South Africa that races in our enduro circuit, he is one of the top guys in the country and he prefers to ride a 125 over a 250 or open class bike. He is good on all of them but on a 125 he is a giant slayer (the bike just suites his aggressive style), he will consistently be in the top 5 overall. He won the 125 class last year and finished 2nd overall against the so called higher profiled class.

I can't remember which supercross it was but I remember looking at the lap times and the only guys that were running quicker lap times than GL that night were RC and Bubba and they were on bigger machines. Maybe that says something, I don't know. But GL is a fellow South African and I will support him 100%, just like you guys will support American rides before you support anyone else.

On the other hand I like RC and Windham as well, but then there are no SA boys riding against them. The other guys I like is Everts and Tyla Rattray (SA boy), Ryan Hughes, Nick Wey and Ben Townley.

Let the best man win, I wouldn't want it any other way.
You might as well support James Stewart 99% for 2 reasons (1)He is African American (2) His racing # 7 used to belong to a great south african rider Greg Albertyn who is retired. See what iam saying bro ? I dont care what anybody says about Grant Langston, the guy is only like 23 and a great rider, i dont see anything wrong trying to add a championiship on his resume before he steps up to a very tough, tough class where he can only dream of winning a championiship with Bubba / Ricky / Reed, still active and raising the speed bar every race..

SADude

Jul 8, 2004
I sadly didn't get to see Albertyn at his best, I remember watching him when he was a junior and scarsely old than I was then, then I saw him race in the SA GP two years ago as a final farewell to the sport. He had already been out of racing for 3 years but still finished in 5th in the second moto and lead for 5 or 7 laps, until the fitness aspect caught up to him.

23 is still young enough to go on winning for many years to come, look at Everts, his is still winning and is in his 30's.

SpeedyManiac

Aug 8, 2000
I like Grant Langston. It's a bummer that he had career troubles in 2004. But, he is a full grown adult racing the 'Lites' class. I've heard his story, but I still don't think he should be racing the little class. I guess it was a strategic career move that's helped him, but he better get out of it after this season. If he doesn't, I've lost all respect for him. Also, is there any rule stating a rider can't ride a smaller bike in the big bike class?

Red Mamba

Feb 5, 2006
Both Larry Ward and Brown (who has just stepped up to the big class this season) were racing 125s in their late 30s plus some other, no big name racers, and nobody was bitching about it, and i dont think Grant Langston is the oldest lites class rider at age 23. How old is Matt Walker, Eric Sorby, B132 Laninovich, and the rest of the lites lineup ? Grant Langston is only 6yrs older than the youngest guy Ryan Villopoto at 17yrs. Give Langston some air to breath in his lungs, the guy is still young ,just doing his job winning races and has stated tha he is moving up next season.

Top Bottom