xTYBALTx

Mar 10, 2004
Do street legal bikes need stickers to ride on OHV areas?

Ever the lawyer, I'd love to street legal a 2004 300EXC before moving to California and be able to ride the trails year round. There's got to be a way!

And I've heard that there's a different system for stickering out-of-state bikes in California, anyone know the basics?

Thanks!

JWW

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 13, 2000
Short answer...no

Go over to thumpertalk.com and go to the dual sport section. This has been and is currently being discussed.

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
I've stickered 2 out of state bikes one was a pain and one was easy.

Bike 1= The pain. I said it was new. ...... all kinds of problems come up. I did finally duel sport this bike.

Bike 2= the easy.... I said is was used. It took about 10 minutes to get my Green sticker. I only tried for a green not a plate on this one.

Note: I did bike 2 at the end of last year last. They've been changing the regs weeekly I've heard. Strangely enough the DMV's own people can't keep up with their own rules so sometimes it depends on who you get at the window. Whenever you deal wih the government, especially in California, its a crap shoot. Good luck.

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
Nice Guy Eddie said:
Now THERE is a name for dirtbiking.... lol.... Duel Sport... I love it.... Freudian slip perhaps?

(yes, I know it's just a typo... but it's a darn funny one)

Where do you think I got my name. Doesn't everyone try to crash into each other???? ;) Plus have you tried riding on the CA freeways Duel Sport is absolutly correct. :( I never said I was a smart man :uh:

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Lol

Top Bottom