JPIVEY

Sponsoring Member<br>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 9, 2001
Don't know the whole story, but I copied this from D37 DS forum ( it is not me )

I have heard that you can now license for street all green sticker bikes.

I contacted a local dealer that said yes. They have been putting on Baja Kits and signing them off. You must have mirror, Hi-Lo headlight, brake light, turn signals and horn. Headlight must stay on when motor is running as well as front turn signal lights that stay on like parking lights and flash when turn signal is activated.

I called DMV and they said yes and checked my VIN. They said I needed to sign a form stating that I have read and complied with CHP form CHP AA8. I contacted CHP and they said I can pick up the packet at any office and that it is just an information packet.

DMV said I needed to complete form REG 256 that I downloaded from their site.

It was said you need DOT approved tires and the bike shop will have to sign off on lights and brakes, but no one checks the tires.

Has anyone done this and is it true? I hate to spend on a BAJA kit then find a glitch that will not allow it.

DMV also recommended that I keep dual registration as in License plate and Green Sticker.

So, does anybody know if this is true ???.................Carlo ????, Terry ????

JPIVEY

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 9, 2001
It appears to be true, I just talked to BJD and as long as it is a true green sticker and not a grandfathered pre 02 ( no C or 3 ) in the Vin # it can be done.

BJD said it's easy if you use the Oceanside DMV or any DMV that you know is OHV smart.

Last edited:

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
JPIVEY said:
Don't know the whole story, but I copied this from D37 DS forum ( it is not me )
So, does anybody know if this is true ???.................Carlo ????, Terry ????

Hope so Jim. Especially since dirt bikes are illegal here in Riverside County now. :|

I believe the correct number for the CHP info packet is CHP 888 not CHP AA8.

Also, pre-02 greensticker bikes can be licensed even if they have the dreaded 'C' or '3' in the vin #.

JPIVEY

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 9, 2001
Hey 89r, yeah I told him had the AA8 wrong, but then I had a brain cloud yesterday also,

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
JPIVEY said:
but then I had a brain cloud yesterday also,

I have those everyday. Don't worry, you'll get used to them. ;)

Top Bottom