handguards/barkbusters are dangerous!

sorny

May 26, 2004
My YZ came with a set installed but my grips were shot so I pulled them off to put new grips on and thought hey..... that looks a bit better. So I let them off. A few days later I was going through stuff and saw the old guards which were Acerbis with a metal frame and plastic covering and noticed how they were beat all to hell. Not neglected and dropped beat, but the furthest side of each guard was skinned up bad Imagining my fingers being there I put them back on ASAP but I did adjust them lower this time so I wouldn't notice them in my way as much.

splatt

Resident mental case
~SPONSOR~
Dec 1, 2001
In my opinion for woods riding the pro's out weigh the con's. I would rather smash up a set of bark busters than my hands.

Steve

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
tnrider said:
do you also cut the outside end off your grips when mounting hand guards?
Unless you want cruise control it's a really good idea to do it.

3KDXXR2

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 3, 2002
I was on a trail ride in Michigan This fall, one of the guys on the ride lost control and hit a tree. The impact severed one of his fingers. The good news is they where able to reatatch It. I would not want to ride in the woods without them.

94ruck

Sep 14, 2001
I am one of the idiots who raced int the woods without them....ever do a 15 mile and hour stoppie through the trees?
12 years later and I have yet to break another lever, perch or master cylinder.
We cut our bars down to 30"(some go down to 29!)
It is tight where we ride in the Missouri woods.

Top Bottom