ericf7

Nov 25, 2002
Has anyone seen the aluminum spacers for the handlebar mount in the dennis kirk catalog? They appear to replace the rubber mounts with billet aluminum. Are they any good? Says they get rid of the front end wandering and keep bars from twisting in crash. Any info?

keetkdx220

Feb 24, 2001
oops, matter of fact i saw them last nite in dennis kirk new 2003 catalog and yes they do replace old stock rubber ones...i will find the part # and post it for you tommorrow

keetkdx220

Feb 24, 2001
i found the part # assuming you have a kdx..part# 592300 and there $23.99 and dennis kirk has them in stock they are made by fastway..good luck

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
Get a one-piece top clamp and your twisting mount problems will be resolved.

AND, you won't give up the vibration isolation.

Any 'front-end wandering' is coming from something else...like too high a compression setting on your fork clickers (given that your forks are setup right in the first place).

Noone is selling anything. Just providing information that was asked for.

BTW...I have replaced the oem cones. Couldn't get back home fast enough to take 'em back out! I had to stop and check just to make sure my green bike hadn't turned orange, it vibrated so bad!

.....an imo, no warranty expressed or implied. Coverage varies from state to state. Please contact your local consumer affairs office for protections in your locale.

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
Braahp:

I wonder if these are different than the cones from scotts. They look the same.

The scotts cones were a bit too small. So small that the metal cap contacted the top clamp when they were installed. Any vibration isolation was lost with the metal-to-metal contact.

Are your metal 'caps' indeed spaced away from the clamp? Got a picture?

Thanks.

kelseybrent

Sep 25, 2002
I just looked at the White Brothers catalog and they have their solid top bar mount, $50, Devol's solid top bar mount, $50, and Fastway alluminum bar mount cones, $25.

Has anyone tried any of these?

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
My mount came from JCV. It is machined to accept the oem odo. I recall it was $50. Uses the stock bolts...no additional washers/hardware.

....don't think he makes 'em anymore.

Braahp

~SPONSOR~
Jan 20, 2001
Canyncarver,
They probably are the same. Mine came with some little rubber spacers that fit in between the two cones to push them back to normal position with no metal contact.
Pics aren't great but you might can see where the metal tops of the caps lie above and below the clamp. Whats your email I can send 'em that way. I can't upload to this board....its says they are too big.

ericf7

Nov 25, 2002
well, my problem is that my handle bar mounts seem to move a little in the triple clamp. i can move them back and forth a little by just pushing on them. i think this is causing my wandering sensation, what do u guys think? i have already ordered the one piece clamp from fredette but i dont think it will help this. should i just tighten them, they shouldnt be worn out, it is a 2 month old 2003 220. i never noticed it until i put my new handlebars and barkbusters on it.

kelseybrent

Sep 25, 2002
My 2003 KDX200 handlebar mounts have worked themselves loose a couple of times. This lets them twist with the handlebar. You can see it if you look at the line of the bar relative to the line of the upper triple clamp. The washers on the bottom of the mount are soft and get "concaved" up by the nuts, the clamps get loose and the bars shift. I'm going to get some hardened washers and the Fredette one piece bar clamp to fix the problem.

Questions: Will the odometer still mount over the Fredette clamp and has anyone tried harder rubber cones in place of the stock ones?

Thank you much.

Gerg

May 7, 2002
The Fredette clamp comes with 2 extra bolts in case you want to still mount the odometer bracket, or you can leave it off. Your choice.

Top Bottom